"Love Led Us Here" vs."The First Time It Happens"

SSLFan

Reaction score
I have considerd these the two best Kermit/Piggy songs. Which is your favorite? Did I miss any better songs? Please post comments. Anyways, my favorite has to be "The First Time It Happens.":smile: :mad:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
"The first time you see her you know!"

<3 I love that song. They sing it in Muppet caper. <333

peyjenk

Reaction score
I really like "Love Led us Here". It is very sweet, very pretty, and very underestimated.

Incidentally, I always disliked it in MTI that the editing included shots of the pirates finding the treasure with this song. I think it detracts from the nature of the song, and Kermit and Piggy's characters.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I really like "Love Led us Here". It is very sweet, very pretty, and very underestimated.

Incidentally, I always disliked it in MTI that the editing included shots of the pirates finding the treasure with this song. I think it detracts from the nature of the song, and Kermit and Piggy's characters.
I disagree. To me, seeing all the pirates frolic about in the treasure while this tender, romantic song is being sung is incredibly funny, and works really well.

Actually, I do agree with you - I don't think it belonged in Muppet Treasure Island. I think it belonged with When Love is Gone in The Muppet Christmas Carol. Michael Caine and What's-Her-Name-Belle-Actress could have used it much more than Kermit and Piggy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do really like "The First Time It Happens", it's so sweet and sensitive. And it's rather grown up, like it's about an experienced couple who have had bad experiences in the past: "And just when you thought you'd forgot how to care."

I also kinda like "I Won't Dance", which Kermit and Piggy do on The Muppet Show. You really feel Piggy's admiration for Kermit, and her frustration at his disinterest at the same time, lol. For the record, I used to take Kermit's side in this little spats, lol, but lately I feel for Piggy. :mad: :smile:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I feel for that pig too. D: Kermit can be a little harsh at times but anyway..

(She be too pretty to reject..:3)

I think another one of my faves is "Left me at the church"
where Kermit and Piggy perform a wedding thing in the muppet show. :3

Drtooth

Reaction score
First time it happens for 2 reasons.

1) while out of the 2 book movies (at the time) MTI was my favorite, Piggy seemed tacked on as a contractual obligation. Almost like she said, "Listen frog, I'm I'm not in the movie, you're gonna be sleeping with those fishes!"
"But you don't fit into the script anywhere... maybe... maybe we can make you a pirate wench"
"PIRATE WENCH? HIIIIIIIIII-YAH!"

2) Joe Raposo. One of the few time he wrote for the Muppet Show Muppets specifically. WHihc is great. I almost wish he worked on Fraggle Rock as well.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I like Love Led us Here because I think The First Time It Happens is very long, and I don't like the background singing. ><

BEAR

Reaction score
I believe "The First Time It Happens" was nominated for an Academy Award. I'm not sure what it was up against that year, but I'm pretty sure it didn't win. I still really enjoy the song. I like it more than the other one, personally. I'm really not into the Muppets singing all these pop songs all of a sudden. There are some exceptions.

Pork

Reaction score
I like "love led us hear", that's probalby my favourite Kermit and Piggy song. I agree with Speed Tracer, I think it was good that they had the screen shots of the pirates while this song was going.