"Love Led Us Here" vs."The First Time It Happens"

Beauregard

Reaction score
While "The First Time it Happens" holds the obvious place in my heart...the moment I realised that Kermit loves Piggy...and how it was "Warmer and colder" not "Springtime and snow"...but, the choral singing in GMC always annoyed me with the high-la-de-dahs and flutey effects used in both that song and also Piggy's Fantasy.

"Love Led Us Here," is awesome. And I love how it contrasts Kermit and Piggy finding each other with the pirates finding gold, showing the fact that gold...nice though it may be doesn't last like love. That's what I always felt it was saying anyway.

I think...I can't choose a favorite, they are both amazing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The First Time it Happens is definately better. The other one sounds too slow for me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was actually thinking of "The First Time it Happens Today," because I've been thinking about this girl that I'm kind of interested in. When I see her, I sort of think of that song. "Love Led Us Here" was great too, but I agree whoever said it was a bit slow. I mean Steve voiced Kermit there and Piggy's voice was Oz dubbed over Kevin Clash. I'd have to favor the song from the classic Muppet era with Henson and Oz. But overall, I really liked both.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mean Steve voiced Kermit there and Piggy's voice was Oz dubbed over Kevin Clash. I'd have to favor the song from the classic Muppet era with Henson and Oz. But overall, I really liked both.
Actually, both songs (as with pretty much every song from the Muppet movies; I've heard that Tim Curry's lines from Proffessional Pirate were sung live while the rest was pre-recorded) were pre-recorded before the scenes were filmed, so performers would have been lip-syncing to vocal tracks regardless of who the singers were.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was actually thinking of "The First Time it Happens Today," because I've been thinking about this girl that I'm kind of interested in. When I see her, I sort of think of that song.
I have also thought of that song when thinkign about certain girls that I've been interested in. Same with Close to You and I'm Crazy for You.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Yeah there's this girl I sort of like and my feelings for her sort of rose like in that song.

unclematt

Reaction score
While I am a huge GMC fan I have to go with Love Led Us Here

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Actually, I do agree with you - I don't think it belonged in Muppet Treasure Island. I think it belonged with When Love is Gone in The Muppet Christmas Carol. Michael Caine and What's-Her-Name-Belle-Actress could have used it much more than Kermit and Piggy.
I'm going to have to disagree here; both songs were right where they were supposed to be. The whole theme of Love Led Us Here was the reunion between two lovers, Kermit/Smollet and Piggy/Benjamina in the case of MTI, and choosing to make a go of things once more. Sure in the movie they were hanging upside-down over a cliff, set to be plummeting several hundred feet to their deaths, but they were able to face it because they were together again.

There was no "together again" for Scrooge and Belle. When Love Is Gone is, at its core, a break-up song. Although she loved Scrooge, Belle sensed that his love for her had waned or at least shifted focus. And Scrooge didn't realize this until there was virtually no chance of reconciliation between him and Belle (in a scene from the book not shown in the movie, Christmas Past shows Scrooge a scene of Belle married to another man and mother to several children, and quite over her love for Ebeneezer). Scrooge and Belle never got the happy ending Kermit/Captain Smollet and Piggy/Benjamina did.

-Kim