Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Drtooth

Reaction score
jacobsnchz said:
Mine too! By the way, what is SPAMALOT about?
Spamalot is basically based off of ONE movie in particular, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Basically it's about them searching for said grail, and it takes place in Medieval times. Some songs they used were from the film (Knights of the Round Table, Brave Sir Robin), one was used from Life Of Brian (Always Look on the Bright side of life), I'll go into that one more later, and the rest were all new songs written by Eric Idle and John DuPrez (who worked on Monty Python's Meaning of Life, as well as all three TMNT films and UHF to name a few). The ending (as well as many other eliments) was changed, since the film ends very abruptly.

As for Life of Brian (where the song they used was taken from) the movie is a satirical religious epic about a man named Brian who several groups mistake for the Messiah. And NO, he isn't Jesus. Jesus is in 2 other scenes. At the end, several people are crucified (it wasn't a unique event at the time. Many other people were crucified as part of Roman Bread and Circuses). One of them starts singing "Always look on the Bright side of life."

In case you want to know, here's the missing lyrics they pulled out:

Always look on the Bright Side of Death
Just before you draw your terminal breath!

Life's a piece of *&^%
when you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
give the audience a go

Just remember that the last Laugh is on you!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
As for Life of Brian (where the song they used was taken from) the movie is a satirical religious epic about a man named Brian who several groups mistake for the Messiah.
Yup, Life of Brian was about how people misinterpret Jesus' words and religion in general. It was very controversial in its day, but it wasn't really Anti-Christian or anything. I'm glad they used the "Bright Side of Life" song in Spamalot, it's one of Monty Python's best.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My favorite non Muppet part this year was the guys in the suits and brief cases. That was to funny, baaaaaahwahahahahaha!:cry: :zany: