1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Mahna Mahna on Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by bats1990, Jan 31, 2005.

1. bats1990

bats1990 New Member

I was just watching ST:TNG on TNT and playing with my kids when I heard Mahna Mahna come on the TV. I looked up and it was a commercial for Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper.

The Muppets did not appear just the song. It was still cool though.

Keep your eyes out for it.
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Very cool. It's always neat how the song continues to have a following decade after decade.
  3. Mario

Mario New Member

I was sitting in the office, and I heard the song on the TV in the other room, and I was so excited that I was actually tripping over my own feet trying to get there fast, lol. :)
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Cindy just saw the commercial on ABC. Here's a summary...

A guy and a girl are on a first date in a restaurant. And he is talking about working for a children's hospital and that some people would quit after winning the lottery. At that point, the waiter brings her a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. She is admiring it. And she says, "Yum... Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper."

Then Mahna Mahna begins. The camera pans through the restaurant and everyone is singing "do do do do do." The guy date proclaims "Mahna Mahna". This interchange goes back and forth.

And there you have it.
  5. Mario

Mario New Member

Wow, I can't wait to see the whole thing! :D And, who's Cindy? :flirt:
  6. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

Cindy is Phillip's wife and she's on Muppet Central too!

By the way,That looks like a really interesting commercial! :) :excited:
  7. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

Really? Well there's a same tune/different words incident over in the UK at the moment. In the new IRN-BRU ads, people sing 'Phonomenal' to the tune of Mahna Mahna. What terrible coincidence.
  8. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose New Member

They did something similar to that on Muppets Tonight with Sandra Bullock. They used the word "pheonomena" (sp?)
  9. christyb

christyb New Member

That's neat how the song as kinda come back. I haven't seen the commercial but the drink ain't so bad. Question about the Muppet's Tonight. Wasn't it the Snowths do doing, when they did the song with the word Phenomena (how do you spell that?)
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I'm excited about the song, but even more curious to try Cherry Dr. Pepper.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That sounds like a good commercial. Hopefully, they'll air it during the Super Bowl.
  12. Mario

Mario New Member

I've been saying that, since the movie Phenomenon (SP?) with John Travolta came out. :D lol. Anybody remember the "200 bucks" rendition of the Mahna Mahna song? I think it was for a bank.
  13. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I saw the commercial and I have to ask, is the song the same recording the Muppets used (with Jim Henson as Mahna Mahna). It sure sounds like it. If so, I take it that Disney gots some money from these commercials.
  14. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Yeah, it is the same one.
  15. Mickey Moose

Mickey Moose New Member

Yeah, it went something like this. Sandra was a psychiatrist, and Kermit came in for a session. He said he sees these weird creatures whenever he says the word "Phenomena". The Snowths then pop up to do the "do-do-do-do-do". Then Sandra gets into the act and starts channelling Manha Manha himself with the scat part.
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Heard it last night, that made me feel good, especially 'cause it was Jim.
  17. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

yeah its a great little muppet bit, but i hate seeing it used this way,

all i can think is that jim must be rolling in his grave, :attitude:
  18. Mario

Mario New Member

I thought he was cremated.
  19. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

figure of speech dude, I do not think that it is something that Jim would have approved of, takes something i really loved as a kid, and cheapen and degrades it into some stupid marketing campaign, cheaping the artistry of the piece.
  20. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I just saw it a little while ago, pretty cool. :D