Mahna Mahna on Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That sounds like a good commercial. Hopefully, they'll air it during the Super Bowl.

Mario

Reaction score
I've been saying that, since the movie Phenomenon (SP?) with John Travolta came out. :big_grin: lol. Anybody remember the "200 bucks" rendition of the Mahna Mahna song? I think it was for a bank.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Cindy just saw the commercial on ABC. Here's a summary...

A guy and a girl are on a first date in a restaurant. And he is talking about working for a children's hospital and that some people would quit after winning the lottery. At that point, the waiter brings her a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. She is admiring it. And she says, "Yum... Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper."

Then Mahna Mahna begins. The camera pans through the restaurant and everyone is singing "do do do do do." The guy date proclaims "Mahna Mahna". This interchange goes back and forth.

And there you have it.
I saw the commercial and I have to ask, is the song the same recording the Muppets used (with Jim Henson as Mahna Mahna). It sure sounds like it. If so, I take it that Disney gots some money from these commercials.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
christyb said:
That's neat how the song as kinda come back. I haven't seen the commercial but the drink ain't so bad. Question about the Muppet's Tonight. Wasn't it the Snowths do doing, when they did the song with the word Phenomena (how do you spell that?)
Yeah, it went something like this. Sandra was a psychiatrist, and Kermit came in for a session. He said he sees these weird creatures whenever he says the word "Phenomena". The Snowths then pop up to do the "do-do-do-do-do". Then Sandra gets into the act and starts channelling Manha Manha himself with the scat part.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Heard it last night, that made me feel good, especially 'cause it was Jim.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
yeah its a great little muppet bit, but i hate seeing it used this way,

all i can think is that jim must be rolling in his grave, :attitude:

Mario

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
yeah its a great little muppet bit, but i hate seeing it used this way,

all i can think is that jim must be rolling in his grave, :attitude:
I thought he was cremated.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Mario said:
I thought he was cremated.

figure of speech dude, I do not think that it is something that Jim would have approved of, takes something i really loved as a kid, and cheapen and degrades it into some stupid marketing campaign, cheaping the artistry of the piece.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I just saw it a little while ago, pretty cool. :big_grin: