Mail It Shop

Hays

Reaction score
I think the Mail-It shop was created because it has a relationship to letters and numbers (plus the Fix-its aforementioned obsolescence) It's a place where you write letters, look up stuff on computers, make copies, and send things - and there are many like it that kids might see. I, personally, thought it was a good idea.

I don't remember at all what Luis and Maria did when I was a kid thirty years ago (I don't think I cared about the grownup's jobs, just Grover's)

BTW - Frazzle, Cookie Monster has a rap called "Healthy Food," you can find it on the "Let's Eat" video.

Frazzle

Reaction score
Yeah, I have that skit, that is why I think Cookie would probably be great at running a produce stand. Then again, Cookie will eat nearly anything though, if the mood strikes him. He has eaten plates, snow, you name it. One of the many reasons Cookie is adorable is because of his bottomless stomach. It's good to see that he's demonstrating healthy eating habits as well as munching cookies. (Or inanimate objects) :wink:

salemfan

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Heh...I wonder if it's only a matter of time before Hooper's Store becomes a McDonald's.
As a matter of fact, McDonald's is a sponsor of Sesame Street. In the early 90s they were a local sponsor of its WGBH broadcast, then they became a regular sponsor of the show in 2003.

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow! That's amazing about how you remember the local sponsor! You know, it might have been one even before that. But in the early 90s, it wasn't only for WGBH's broadcast, but also of New Hampshire Public Television's broadcast, and Channel 36's broadcast. Was it something that just went throughout New England, or the whole United States?

Censored

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
As a matter of fact, McDonald's is a sponsor of Sesame Street. In the early 90s they were a local sponsor of its WGBH broadcast, then they became a regular sponsor of the show in 2003.

I knew there had to be some clown connected to these modern shows.

dalexandre

Reaction score
Thats funny that your sponsor was McDonalds. Mine had something do to with milk! It was during the nineties and outside of New York City.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually have quite a few SS shows from the early 90s, taped from WNET/New York. And on all of them, the local sponsors are "bank for kids" and "Play-O-Rena". But you know, I do have one show from WLIW, and the local sponsor of that actually is something about a farm. Is that the one you're thinking of?

salemfan

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Wow! That's amazing about how you remember the local sponsor! You know, it might have been one even before that. But in the early 90s, it wasn't only for WGBH's broadcast, but also of New Hampshire Public Television's broadcast, and Channel 36's broadcast. Was it something that just went throughout New England, or the whole United States?
I don't know. It's interesting to see how first McDonald's was a local sponsor of Sesame Street, then about 14 or 15 years later, it became a regular nationwide sponsor.

Censored

Reaction score
Maybe they'll compromise and call it "McHooper's".