Major Muppet Movie news

radionate

Reaction score
Why oh why oh why oh why is Carson Daly in this. I'd rather watch paint peel.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah it is weird about Carson and some of the others because this was originally supposed to showcase NBC stars, yet not much of that going on from what i can see.

I was expecting Kelsey Grammar, David Hyde Pierce - maybe even Anne Robinson !

radionate

Reaction score
America cancelled the Weakest Link Luke. One of my favorite shows too. I've not laughed out loud at the TV like that in a long long time.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Carson

Carson Daily is a part of NBC's late night programming, Last Call with Carson Daily.

Luke

Reaction score
Says a lot for NBC nowdays - Carson Daily and cancelling 'The Link'. So now WWTBAM and Link are cancelled - i might as well just chuck all my reality quiz show treatments in the bin right now ! Sheesh !

Weakest Link has just started a new series here but the popularity is not that great !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>and his Kermit is actually quite good - regardless of the voice. Especially seeing him do Kermit behind the scenes on the A&E Bio w/ Al Roker<<<

did you say al roker? *cory, who currently has his custom, made al roker weatherman figure strapped into the muppet labs experiment table*

yeah, MCC i agree...ok, but look at steve's frog a decade later!
and yes, statler and waldorf are basically all new voices, but better to have the characters in then nothing!

as far as NBC stars...well NBC isnt exactly the most cultured of networks(can you say 'gap and pottery barn?') so perhaps a endless parade of snooty metropolitain sitcom stars from Frasier and Wil and Grace and Friends would be a bit bunk.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Says a lot for NBC nowdays - Carson Daily and cancelling 'The Link'. So now WWTBAM and Link are cancelled - i might as well just chuck all my reality quiz show treatments in the bin right now ! Sheesh !

Weakest Link has just started a new series here but the popularity is not that great !
I think the weakest link was one of the most original and entertaining shows to hit US airwaves since Buffy! Sigh. I only hope the Game Show Network will pick up reruns or British episodes!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I think the weakest link was one of the most original and entertaining shows to hit US airwaves since Buffy!<<<

heck, and we never had a chance to see the Muppets on there...as some of us had hoped for! heh

Luke

Reaction score
If you go over to the TP forum, someone posted the actual press release which gave more info about the plot and who would be playing who. Aparently Goldberg is in it, the Scroogish character is being played by a woman. not Caine.

Luke

Reaction score
Here we are, posted by Kynan at Toughpigs :-

“A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie,” pays homage to all Christmas movies (with a dash of “Moulin Rouge,” Cirque de Soleil” and “Fear Factor”) as Kermit struggles, on Christmas eve, to save the Muppet Theater from the stylish, yet Scroogish, bank owner Rachel Bitterman (Cusack) who plans to demolish it and open a trendy nightclub in its place. Arquette stars as Daniel, the rookie angel, fresh out of accounting, who is trying to earn his wings by helping Kermit, and Goldberg stars as Daniel’s “Boss.”

Kirk Thatcher directs from a screenplay by Tom Martin (“The Simpsons,” “Just Shoot Me”) and Jim Lewis (“Muppets Tonight”). Juliet Blake and Brian Henson are executive producers of the presentation from The Jim Henson Company.