Making the World A Little Better

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah...Jim Henson and Walt Disney were key examples. Heck, even Charles Shultz--who was Atheist--was humble & level-headed enough to carve a legacy out of something he first disliked.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I want to posts goo things I do for people on here. But I am conflicted as I do not want to seem like I'm showing off or bragging as if to say "Look what I did, I am high and mighty." I don't know? I know we've all done nice things for other people and I've always tried to do nice things for other people anonymously and not for attention or anything like that. People remember you for the things you do and the kind of person you are.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I want to posts goo things I do for people on here. But I am conflicted as I do not want to seem like I'm showing off or bragging as if to say "Look what I did, I am high and mighty." I don't know? I know we've all done nice things for other people and I've always tried to do nice things for other people anonymously and not for attention or anything like that. People remember you for the things you do and the kind of person you are.
I don't think it's showing off. I think it would inspire folks and help give ideas to suggest ways each of us might better help people.

For example, I don't have money to donate to local charities, but I take Muley out and donate the time and effort to help raise money for those charities. It's a little thing I CAN do to help out.

Now, some folks might not have money to give to charities, but somebody who has time might never have thought about volunteering to help that charity without having had the suggestion. See?

I certainly won't brag about what I do to help the world be a little better, but I'll tell about it so folks can get ideas to help, too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's very true, Fozzie,you have to lead by example and let your light shine etc. If you keep it all to yourself, then you're missing the opportunity to inspire others.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That's very true, Fozzie,you have to lead by example and let your light shine etc. If you keep it all to yourself, then you're missing the opportunity to inspire others.
Good point.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! But you have to lead by examples by the things you do everyday. You are not keeping it to yourself my not telling others about it. It's inspiring one person at a time and passing it on.:smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah! But you have to lead by examples by the things you do everyday. You are not keeping it to yourself my not telling others about it. It's inspiring one person at a time and passing it on.:smile:
It's just too bad that our human mistakes often keep us from doing such good deeds.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong to me with making mistakes per se. That is the only way you learn:

"So when you fail, fail again. Fail faster; you're doing wonders for yourself." :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I can not get better of you don't try! You can't let mistakes get you down.:smile: