ManaMana - doo de doo doo doo???

scarecroe

Reaction score
Could anyone post a picture of this Mahna Mahna with glasses?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Miklean, could you please email me the scratch my back clip? I know a site that has most of the songs you want to have. Email me at: jdbb_14@hotmail.com

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
mikealan said:
I have the Muppet Show version of Mahna Mahna on the Juiet Prowse episode of The Muppet Show on Time-Life Muppet Show video volume number 15. I, of course, have the original Sesame Street version of Mahna Mahna from 1969 on the Rainstorm episode from 1972 of Sesame Street Unpaved.

The different Mahna Mahna on Sesame Street wears sunglasses and sings Everybody's Song and Scratch My Back. I have the Scratch My Back song with Mahna Mahna on tape that has parts of the 1987-88 season of SS ("My first Sesame Street").

I surely do remember seeing the other different Mahna Mahna singing Fat Cat Sat Hat on Sesame Street Unpaved-episode #536 at the Museum of Television & Radio, too!

Mikealan, could you please email me the scratch my back clip if you have it? Email: obiwan.shinobi@verizon.net. Thank you.

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
I am posting this on behalf of Joseph Bergman who writes.
Mike, I could give that site to them if they made a copy of the clips they have that
I want? The clips wanted are the ow clip from the electric company, and the
why elmo asks why, the scratch my back, and the pinball count clips from
sesame street. Thank you.
jdbb_14@hotmail.com

Mikealan, could you please email me these clips if you have them as I would like these as well as Joseph? Email: obiwan.shinobi@verizon.net. Thank you.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Wasn't "Java" the song?

Didn't the "Dancing Slinkies" dance to the tune, "Java"? I don't remember them being associated with Mahna Mahna.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Mokeystar is right. The slinkies never danced to Mahna Mahna. They were just one of the early acts that Jim Henson did on the Ed Suvillian show, as was Mahna Mahna.

Also there is a difference between Mahna Mahna with the sunglasses and without. Mahna Mahna without the sunglasses is the one that performed on the Muppet Show.

The Mahna Mahna with the sunglasses performed on Sesame Street in the skits "Scratch My Back" and "Fat Cat Sat Hat". Jim Henson wanted distinguish between Mahna Mahna and the Sesame Street version. I know that there was another name for the Sesame Street version, I just can't remember it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I thought I copied the differences here from the other thread; guess not:

Anyways, karen Falk of JHC Archives said that Jim wanted to keep the commercial Muppets seperate from the SS Muppets, so they added shades to him on SS--thus:

Muppets---Mahna-Mahna
SS---Bip Bipadotta

Reaction score
A Twisted Mahna Mahna Dream...

For years now, I've had a dream of dressing to the nines, hiring a high-class stretch limo, and driving around town with "Mahna Mahna" blaring out through the open sunroof.

I can just imagine the looks I'd get, driving through the more posh parts of town...

That would definitely be worth the couple of hundred bucks for the limo...plus the bribe for the driver!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Baughdie,
Don't forget: That will only work if you're in a light-blue, satin tux with ruffles!!