1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Many signatures are to long

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thijs, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

I am perfectly happy with my sig the way it is. It reflects part of who I am, and not just the Muppety part of who I am. That, in my opinion, was the whole point of having sigs in the first place.

Therefore, it will not be undergoing any changes anytime soon.

-Kim
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Couldn't you sum up your individuality in less than 13 lines? Yours is not the biggest sig, but it would sure be nice to reduce the size. You may see it as individuality, but many people here feel that those who keep these long signatures have little respect for them. :( I have suggested making a 4-5 line limit a part of the MC guidelines. That's a lot of space and doesn't really limit one's ability to express him or herself. Isn't the actual post the primary form of personal expression? :confused:

I just think it would be nicer if some members factored in other board members' feelings. That expresses something really cool about a person that we all will like. :cool:
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Kim,

Its not your signature people dont like no more, Its your attitude.
  4. Skeeter Muppet

If it's about my attitude now, then I've got a very simple solution for you: don't talk to me.

-Kim
  5. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

So, I guess this rules out me changing my signature to that paragraph-long quote from the Tick, like I was planning, too, huh? ;)
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

I actually like Kim's new signature way better - it's funny, short and sums up her personality perfectly !

Another remedy is maybe to reduce the font size of incredibly large signatures
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Well, gang, guess what? I don't see signatures, wanna know why? Under User CP there is an option that lets you turn them off. I only allow myself to see Avatars specifically!!

If you don't wanna see those pesky lil' ol' signatures, just click on user cp, change options, and click "no" on view signatures (or whatever it says).

So there! :)

FOZ
  8. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Luke, you diplomat you...
  9. Skeeter Muppet

*reads Luke's sig, blinks* Zack's cousin named his four goldfish the same two names?

-Kim
  10. radionate

radionate New Member

Actually there were just 2 goldfish. And I do think your sig is much funnier now!
    :p

I'm hurt that Kevin turned off his option. :(
  11. Fozzie Bear

Why? What am I missing?? :confused:
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yup - except it was two goldfish - both called 'Ren & Stimpy' - so they like both had a double name.

Luke

** In Memory Of Olaf's 1-6, May You Hop Freely In Froggy Heaven **
  13. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Wow! What a great idea!

I never knew you could do that.

Thanks
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

A lot. :D
  15. Skeeter Muppet

Ahh. I'm not gonna ask 'bout that no more...gives me headaches and keeps me up nights.

And I don't want to know about the six frogs named Olaf (they weren't from St. Olaf, Minnesota, were they? ;) )

-Kim
  16. Fozzie Bear

Nate,

You're wrong. I turned it on to see what I was missing in the signatures. I'm shutting that option to view signatures back off again.

Although, it is more helpful to discover which members have their own websites. :)

Still, I ain't missin nuthin'--hyuh hyuh hyuh!!! (That's my best online Goofy impersonation. Hope ya'll liked it, maaan!)

FOZ
  17. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

And don't forget STAN!
  18. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Signatures are stew-pid.

So there!

:eek:
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i like'em! even some of the long ones....of course i am easily entertained

Sarah
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Luke's point about font size could help a lot. I like having the option to turn off signatures, but would never want to use it. The point is - it's fantastic a member can express her or himself in a signature, but many were going overboard. I'm happy to see a bit of flare from members - just not several paragraphs.:) It doesn't have to be - all or nothing. A little bit goes a long way. ;)