Marketing? I hadn't thought that far in advance.

DPuppets

Reaction score
I think you should build two or three low end puppets that are you own signature character. Let people get to know what you do. Then also put out you higher end so to show off your talents. I go in the door to many customers of ours by our low end stuff and then they decide they want their own characther and we build that.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Just to post my two cents, I used ebay when I was first starting out so that my puppets were being seen. I never put so many that orders don't come in thru my site, but I find that I never have to worry about that. If they like the work they see on ebay, people will contact me with ideas of a different character that they had in mind. For every cheap puppet I sell on ebay, I sell at least two or three custom ones directly.

I have done two or three free puppet shows at libraries and have acquired a couple sales that way too..... but I'm still very uneasy about performing.... I'm awful at it. lol

I have decided to target my "paid" marketing efforts to education and therapy only because it's a personal preference. I feel like I'm making more of a difference if my puppets are being used in an environment to help people.

-Michele

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think visability is a good thing - donating puppets to offline charity silent auctions might be a good way to get your name out there. Another would to have your puppets (or a specific character) partner with a local charity like Fozzie has done with Muley and Ronald McDonald House in TN.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Another would to have your puppets (or a specific character) partner with a local charity like Fozzie has done with Muley and Ronald McDonald House in TN.
How does that work? Whats the deal, you show up and "meet n greet" with the kids? Do you have to do puppet shows? Can someone give me a little more details? It SOUNDS fun. :excited:

-Michele

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
How does that work? Whats the deal, you show up and "meet n greet" with the kids? Do you have to do puppet shows? Can someone give me a little more details? It SOUNDS fun.-Michele
I should probably do a whole new thread about this, because it might be inspiring enough to get someone else to jump on the bandwagon and do some good work. I'll post here when I do it.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I should probably do a whole new thread about this, because it might be inspiring enough to get someone else to jump on the bandwagon and do some good work. I'll post here when I do it.
Hey foz, can you update your records to show my correct e-mail address. I kicked aol to the curb. :big_grin: It's michele@puppet-planet.com

Seriously, I would really like info on what you do at the Ronald McDonald house because I'm very interested in getting involved.

Thanks!
-Michele