1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Marley & Marley Christmas Menu

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Dec 4, 2002.

1. SgtPepper

SgtPepper New Member

I LOVE IT !!!!

thats all I can say, I love Marley and Marley its one of the better things they've done.

2. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

You know, it doesn't matter if you can find some of his characters. If you could just find random pictures of Bill, you would make 2 people (myself included, duh) very happy. :D

But if you insist on characters, he was one of the Elvis's...

3. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with Emmy on this one. Even though it's a bit dark for Christmas, I think fans in general realize that it's from a Muppet Christmas Carol, so I think it fits just right! I especially like the little added wreaths and evergreens. It helps to spruce it up a bit. Get it? Spruce???... aw forget it. ;)

4. Luke

Luke Active Member

In an effort to save your fanbase i'm giving you full immunity against all charges of Penguin gratuity - get those wooly hats, scarves and skating socks on bub ... the people want Penguins ! :D

On the Marley and Marley situation, the reason i think it probably looks quite dark and moody is because of the contrast it makes with the rest of the page being so bright. I don't think it's neccasarily the menu itself, but Twinkling lights might be nice next time maybe. I like the concept of just two characters gliding across the screen, possibilities for EM Buses and Studebakers there !

5. radionate

radionate New Member

I certainly hope I didn't stir things up with this comment. I was just poking at Jamie, and didn't mean it.:(

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Luke-

Yeah, I agree. Maybe we can do something about that next year.

Emmy-

Gratuitus Bills? Hmmm. Lemme think about it. ;)

Nate-

Say what? LOL! You know I have those photos of you cage dancing at that rave! :D

7. radionate

radionate New Member

Yes. One of my more inspired moments at that!

8. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

I got into the forum today for the sole purpose of telling Jamie what a fantastic job on the festive menus! I didn't actually expect there would be a new(ish) thread where I could post!

Jamie, you are extremely talented and have added so much to an already awesome website. In a nutshell, it brightens my day to be so pleasantly surprised when a new idea pops up on the site. I very much look forward to more creativity and interactivity.

Thanks bunches,
    Lynnette

9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Since I actually SAW it this time, I have to say that this is another job well done!

10. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Jamie

first off, i like the statler and waldorf menu too! it surpized me when i first saw it! i was think you might make more after that, great job!!!

Back to bill's Muppets, well,:rolleyes: i hate saying this but the "new" Howard hog..pig whatever he is...no "he's not new, he's from UK muppet's tonight skits" please....:D but Clueless Morgan would be a way better choice...Bill also voiced Eve' alaroach from The animal show, right?

Zack,

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Glad you are liking these. The new one should be up this weekend! :) Classic and fun is how I would describe it. There officially will be 6 menus in all. I really enjoy doing something different with each one.

12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey Jamie,

After his 'outing' on NBC i think we need to applaud Scooter for his kick butt party attitude. I hereby propose a flash menu which has penguin lapdancers at either side and then Scooter cagedancing in his lycra bootie shorts in the middle. They can all kinda jiggle provocatively when you mouseover .............. is that a 'go-go' or do you think it might promote the wrong message ? :rolleyes:

13. KPrell

KPrell New Member

Wow! I just saw the Marley menu today and I love it! Well done Jamie! Can't wait to see what else you do.

Karen

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well, as was discussed on the TP forums recently, check out the Stallone or Elton John episodes...Scooter seems to have more on this mind than organizing backstage chaos.

My vote is for a VMC alternate universe club header...click over Scooter int he cga eand he starts dancing, click over Beaker and he flexes his muscles, click on Sam and he starts waving those clowsticks LOL

15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmmm. I don't know how Christmasy Rave Scooter would be, but he'd get my vote! Maybe Rave Sam if we made the glo-sticks red and green. LOL! Great ideas. I have the feeling Ken would love to make a Bouncer Beaker and Soul Patch Bunsen.

Karen-
    Glad you got to see the menu! Did you catch the Muppet Family Christmas menu? It included Fozzie's Ma, the Two Headed Monster, Kermit and Piggy with Maurine the Mink! ;)

16. jeffy

jeffy New Member

muppetcentral.com rocks

I'll say it once, I'll say it again. muppetcentral.com is one of the most professional sites I've ever seen, from both a content and presentation point of view.

Every couple weeks I am just blown away from the main toolbar.

Congratulations.

17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I missed it! Emmet Otter looks great, tho; kermit on the bike is NEAT-O!!

FOZ