Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davina

Reaction score
for us, Animal is out right now (money we would have used to get him wound up having to go towards a $600 emergency vet bill last month..) Gonzo is on hold as hubby's job is on break (he works construction and they are between jobs.. he'll go back soon.. just not sure how soon, meanwhile, bills must be paid and all..) though, unless something terrible happens during production, we are planning on getting him, just can't pre order right now..

and we are defiantely saving for Fozzie (and Piggy).. he and Kermit together are a must.. we're hoping though that we can scrounge up enough extra this year to get Animal too, but it's a wait and see.. 5 years ago, these would have been entirely out of range of our budget (though hubby would likely have found a way to get us a Kermit at least...) and even now, if things come up, it can be hard to justify the expense.. so i certainly can't fault anyone for waiting and bowing out of one or two (or more) of these. yes, they're well worth the money, but that doesn't always make them affordable.

Telly

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean, Davina! It's funny how I can only make a minimum payment on one of my credit cards, but yet I can find $50 and put it aside for Gonzo and then Fozzie!

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Nothing earth shattering, I just wrote to MR customer service:

I really love my Kermit the Frog replica, and having seen some early
photos of Gonzo on the web I was really excited about him as well.
However, in going to pre-order him from your site I found the photos
there very different. It really doesn't look much like Gonzo at all -
especially for a $300 item that is billed as a "replica." I see that
this is a "prototype" on your site, but do you have any photos of the
actual product? Kermit was so well done, I'd like to have a Gonzo to
match! Thanks.
Their response:

We did go back to the drawing board on him so I am sure the finished product will be more accurate. As soon as we have some pix we will release them. Thank you.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Thats awesome news!

At last, written confirmation that they did take on board the comments made about Gonzo and that they HAVE done something about it. I am finally getting some real excitement about seeing the little blue guy - as opposed to dreading delivery. Many thanks to the great folk at Master Replicas for at least trying!

Whoa, this really has been a rollercoaster ride...seeing Terrys - well happy:flirt: , seeing the MR proto - well depressed:grouchy: , hearing they changed him - well happy again...:smile:

Stay tuned to see what happens next...

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
This is really good news. I am glad that someone at MR is actually giving a response. I have been trying for awhile. It is so nice to see someone get a little more info than I did. This is awesome! Cannot wait to see him when I get him at my house! :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's encouraging and just what we needed to hear. Well, me anyway. Anxiously awaiting the new scoop on him.

Luke

Reaction score
It is encouraging, it doesn't neccasarily mean the solution they've come to is much better, but with any luck it is. Looking forward to see this.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I am going crazy with anticipation! At least someone there has acknowledged that there were problems with their prototype.

Honestly, it wouldn't take much to make it better than what they've shown so I'm cautiously optimistic!

Boy, it would be amazing if MR could hit a grand slam with this one. Especially since we've all been so concerned. I still look at those pics of Terry's prototype in awe of how great it would be to own that Gonzo.

MWoO

Reaction score
They may have gone back to the drawing board, but that doesn't mean they drew something better.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I love Gonzo. He's my all-time favorite Muppet. Ever. But, gosh, those prototype pictures MR has on their site for him right now are just... to be blunt, HIDEOUS! The picture of him standing up looks like they pulled him out of a bag, and leaned him against a wall, it's AWFUL.

I mean, how hard can it be for, apparently, professional photogrpahers to pose this thing? I'm almost certain that some decent posing would make the replica look a lot better and inspire more buyers.

As of right now, I will not be getting the Gonzo replica. The pictures there do it NO justice (if it has any at all). I'm sorry to sound harsh, but really, I think it's just bad, and not worth that much money. If I'm going to spend that much on something, I want it to be worth it.

Here's hoping that going back to the drawing board helped... :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.