Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey KermieUK

It says the same for Kermit and his mouth closes...and Gonzo is seen with a closed mouth where animal is not. Hope this helps the anxiety.:concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It says the same for Kermit and his mouth closes...and Gonzo is seen with a closed mouth where animal is not. Hope this helps the anxiety.:concern:

But it also says that on Kermits as well muppetguy. So his mouth can go either way. I went back to MR's website and read them all. They all pretty much say the same thing.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It also stated that Animal had his "spiked collar and cuffs" but that didn't happen either. I hope Gonzo's mouth will open and close but that would have been a more important feature on Animal. I really want Gonzo's eyelids to be posable or at least flexible enough to give him some expression.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It also stated that Animal had his "spiked collar and cuffs" but that didn't happen either. I hope Gonzo's mouth will open and close but that would have been a more important feature on Animal. I really want Gonzo's eyelids to be posable or at least flexible enough to give him some expression.
Animal is the ultimate rocker, an irresistible force of nature with a passion for drums, women and the wild life! Wearing a spiked collar and leash (for our protection, not his), Animal roams through life on a never-ending world tour of joyful abandon and limitless mayhem. Some say his antics were inspired by the likes of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin and Keith Moon of The Who. Whatever the case, this indomitable drummer’s drummer is a true original, who has captured our hearts—and escaped capture—since he first burst on the scene on “The Muppet Show”.

Despite his often outrageous behavior, Animal is actually a sweet soul, a true innocent who wouldn’t hurt a fly. He’d as soon cuddle a bunny as chase a beautiful girl. (Okay, so maybe he’d cuddle the bunny second, but you get the idea.) Either way, his appetite for life is unbridled and his uninhibited attitude an inspiration to us all.

Though a relatively simple puppet, Animal is a true work of art. His shaggy mop of hair, for instance, is created by stitching individual boa feathers to his head one at a time. For still photo shoots, Muppet Photo Puppets were built with wire armatures instead of hand openings.
Master Replicas is proud to present this first-ever authentic replica of an Animal Photo Puppet, created using the same patterns and similar materials as the originals. However he is posed, Animal is always poised for out of control action. Be prepared for anything, and let the party begin!
  • Fully posable with mouth expression, and movable eyelids
  • Full articulation in neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles and fingers
  • Comes with a custom display stand and numbered plaque
  • Strictly limited to 1,500 pieces worldwide
Animal "Photo" Puppet Limited Edition measures approximately 38” x 5” x 8.5”

I do not see it saying "comes with" anywhere. :halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I do not see it saying "comes with" anywhere. :halo:
It is implied. The potential for confusion from the description does create a feeling of bad faith in company practices. Technicalities don't impress customers no matter how fantastic the product is - and it is fantastic! Defending this point just seems disingenuous. Most people thought he'd come with the gear and that blurb (at the very least) encouraged that notion. I hope the current staff changes help facilitate better communication and less confusion. Sans colar he still kicks A. And the mouth thing...well that stuff can happen in the production process.

Comparison Shot to shortly replace the hastily prepared one in Muppet Central's review. No alteration necessary (except a little Sharpie on the brow). He is great!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It clearly says he is wearing it, which is the same as comes with, if he wears it.
I remember being confused by this when the product was first published for preorder, but it appeared to me and many others that the collar and chain leash was in. The neck really looks strangely long and naked without his signature collar, but we'll see when the alternative comes in from that Halloween store.

Either way, this is a fine piece. The mistaken language in Animal's product description makes me want to scrutinize everything that MR puts out in a release. As stated, I hope new staffing clears this up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Looks like a before and after plastic surgery exposé.
There is a slicker look to MR's Animal. However I have found the wilder and shaggier he's posed the less he resembles Animal. There is also the shape of the top brow arch that I didn't go into for the review. This changed a lot from the shows to the movies to his modern day representation. I find it's more than just a pinning issue for the brow width.

My Kermit has never looked better! Could it be that these posers are like aged wine? Muppets look more true the more life they've lived. Except when Animal goes bald. He must have taken some of Sam's Propecia from the Christmas Special because this fella's very furry.

Still awaiting the Gonzo news...

Status
Not open for further replies.