Matt Ficner

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Matt is a Canadian puppeteer. I believe he currently lives in Ottawa. His TV credits include Under the Umbrella Tree, The Noddy Shop, Caillou, Groundling Marsh and Tales from the Longhouse. For the Jim Henson Company, he performed in Jim Henson's Brats of the Lost Nebula. Around that time he was also involved in some live work, including playing with the Chef in Florida.

secret squirrel

Beauregard

Reaction score
Great way to put it, I wish I was playing with the Chef!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I made me a Chef I wanted one so bad!! Has puppet hands, tho.

:frown:

MFICNER

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
NOT TRUE< NOT TRUE< NOT TRUE<

That can't be true because it was Frank.

HELLP

Call the police, the firemen, FIRE FIRE>

Hazzard warning

Beau:rolleyes:{I am going to shut up now, ok}regard
FEB 2005
Hello, I am Matt Ficner.
I just wanted to forward this information to those who may be interested. I was browsing the web and I happened across these questions in regards to the work I had done for the Danish railway DSB as a performer for the “Harry” puppet. I was the puppeteer for the puppet for 3 years (2001 – 2004) . I performed Harry for 30 commercial spots that aired on Danish television. The puppet was built in Denmark.

A fantastic friend of mine and fellow puppeteer Bob Stutt is now performing Harry.

There was a mis-translation during an interview that I did while I was in Denmark.

I did spend time in a television studio with the Swedish Chef character. I was a guest of Bill Baretta and John Kennedy who where performing the Swedish Chef for a kids cooking show that was being produced at Disney MGM (sometime in 2000). Bill was performing and voicing the Chef and John was performing the Chef’s hands. I was merely a guest at the studio and was fortunate enough to have been in the company of such great performers.

In my experience with many media interviews I have often found that they never get the story quite right. I also believe that, in this case, my story was lost in the translation.

M. Ficner
www.mfproductions.ca

MFICNER

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
NOT TRUE< NOT TRUE< NOT TRUE<

That can't be true because it was Frank.

HELLP

Call the police, the firemen, FIRE FIRE>

Hazzard warning

Beau:rolleyes:{I am going to shut up now, ok}regard

FEB 2005
Hello, I am Matt Ficner.
I just wanted to forward this information to those who may be interested. I was browsing the web and I happened across these questions in regards to the work I had done for the Danish railway DSB as a performer for the “Harry” puppet. I was the puppeteer for the puppet for 3 years (2001 – 2004) . I performed Harry for 30 commercial spots that aired on Danish television. The puppet was built in Denmark.

A fantastic friend of mine and fellow puppeteer Bob Stutt is now performing Harry.

There was a mis-translation during an interview that I did while I was in Denmark.

I did spend time in a television studio with the Swedish Chef character. I was a guest of Bill Baretta and John Kennedy who where performing the Swedish Chef for a kids cooking show that was being produced at Disney MGM (sometime in 2000). Bill was performing and voicing the Chef and John was performing the Chef’s hands. I was merely a guest at the studio and was fortunate enough to have been in the company of such great performers.

In my experience with many media interviews I have often found that they never get the story quite right. I also believe that, in this case, my story was lost in the translation.

M. Ficner
www.mfproductions.ca

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know about this Matt it sure clears out this subejct.

Rowbes

Reaction score
Well there you have it. You can't find a more reliable source than that. Thanks for clarifying!