Matt Joins the gods on Mount Olympus

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Dude, you have got to get "Gods In Everyman" be Dr. Jean Shinoda Bolen to find out which god/s make you up most. The findings are amazing!!
yeah, i've always wondered what Zeus could do for me with just a little blush and some eyeliner. not so much that i look like a tramp, but just enough that it highlights my features...

oy...can you tell i have 4 younger sisters?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
Nope, bein' a ladies' man would make you a Hermes. :big_grin:

Dude, you have got to get "Gods In Everyman" be Dr. Jean Shinoda Bolen to find out which god/s make you up most. The findings are amazing!!

Really!

They are!

:eek:

Jackie and my sister Tara can attest to the power of it! :big_grin:
Hermes? I was taught that Apollo was the hottest guy god...and he was musically inclined, smart and witty...Hermes was the messenger dude who was smart but clumsy at times...I mean, thats what I was told in the mythology class....:confused:

-Matt

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I was taught that Apollo was the hottest guy god...and he was musically inclined, smart and witty...Hermes was the messenger dude who was smart but clumsy at times...I mean, thats what I was told in the mythology class....:confused:
Well Matt, it's like this: Hermes is the charmer, the one whom women find appear mysteriously in their lives, and there's somethin' intriguing or irresistible about 'em.

And while Apollo was the most beautiful (or "hot" in modern times I guess, like you said, lol) of the male gods, he was really a loser with the ladies most of the time. I don't know what your class tells you, but I'll tell you the whole truth about Greek mythology! Lol (Lots of schools won't even go into the bisexual or homosexual encounters of some of the gods, which is quite interesting...)

I try to tell people Greek mythology is like a prime time drama with togas. LOL I've got several books, and man, I could read 'em forever!

Apollo is the more intellectual one, but you don't wanna be an Apollo (they're bad lovers, lol! That's cause they're too intellectual and not in touch enough with their creative, sensual side---his opposite is Dionysus).

This really is freaky how true the book is---I'm a Dionysus and my best friend is an Apollo, and the book even says that they're drawn to each other in friendships! :eek: This woman knows her stuff! Lol!

By the way, here's some of my family tree:

Mom: Demeter
Dad: Hephaestus
Tara: Aphrodite
Sean: (brother-in-law) Hermes
Me: Dionysus

Matt, this is the much much much MUCH grazed over version---I could go on for HOURS about all this kinda stuff! :big_grin:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh, well I guess I'll go with Hermes then. I was thinking of going with him originally because I just thought he was cooler than Apollo anyway (the shoes...what can I say. :smile:). IM me By, I'll send you a copy of the myth me and my bud Sam wrote. Were writing a whole book of myths for him. :smile:

-Matt