MC Community: Where is it going?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I really have nothing to add to the conversation here (for once)... I just wanted to take a second and jump around and thank Jamie for this:

frogboy4 said:
I think we're okay now. I go to the Holy Muppet Fan Trinity of the Muppet Mindset, Tough Pigs and the MuppetCast for content and mostly come here to post. Fansites have come and gone, but those three are going strong right now with wonderful people providing stellar content...and they all respond to the fans in a timely fashion.
You ROCK, Jamie! Thank you so much. :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I hear Karen Prell sleeps in her Fraggle hat, that Steve Whitmire is afraid of soda pop and that Bill Barretta got third place in a cocktail shrimp eating contest! (But you didn't hear it from me.) :wink:
ACK! *sticks fingers in ears* La-la-la-la-la! I'm not listening! La-la-la-la-la!

:stick_out_tongue:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I hear Karen Prell sleeps in her Fraggle hat, that Steve Whitmire is afraid of soda pop and that Bill Barretta got third place in a cocktail shrimp eating contest! (But you didn't hear it from me.) :wink:
It was actually fourth place in a lobster-shelling contest... But you didn't hear that from me either. :shifty:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm not in Fan Fiction as much as I used to be, but I hadn't ever noticed any cliques. I was thinking perhaps the issues pop up in Friends and Family, a place I avoid like the plague as it seems to be the most likely place for problems to arise. I actually don't see where these things happen. :confused:
Maybe its just encourages the problem that we even have a "friends and family". I realise there will always be some general discussion, but F&F just encourages people to talk about themselves (if i had a dollar for every thread about computer problems, i'd be a gazillionaire) and in all honesty, do people really want a detailed account of what everyone else is doing on a daily basis. If anyone really is doing anything notable thats really worth a post then it could be a general discussion one, or (and i know this is going out on a limb here) the mods could ask for everyone to cut off their actual friends and families. :eek: Looking at the amount of views all the randomness seems to take up a chunk of bandwidth that could be better used sorting out the main site.

Oh and Karen probably does sleep in the hat haha :excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ya know, I also hear Dave Goelz lounges in flower beds (that's what's wrong with the monarchy). :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just don't see why we can't all get along equally, but I suppose that's the way of the world.
Yeah, there's a LOT of hypocracy with people being rude and arrogant towards others for no reason, thus bringing it all on themselves, then when these others try to put them in their place, they start crying and plead for sympathy acting like they're the ones being victimized, when again, they bring it on themselves with their own arrogance. There's a lot of that going around, though, I guess anybody out there would like to gain sympathy from others from time to time, even if they do it apathetically, but still...

Sometimes, social skills can be difficult to acquire, but it doesn't hurt to work on them when you lack them.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope that post isn't directed at anyone on MC, Snowthy. Plenty of reason to believe it may be, and if so that's baiting and we don't want that. Time to let bygones be bygones and move forward. Continuing down the same road leads one nowhere.

That's not just for you, but for everyone.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hear Karen Prell sleeps in her Fraggle hat, that Steve Whitmire is afraid of soda pop and that Bill Barretta got third place in a cocktail shrimp eating contest! (But you didn't hear it from me.)
:embarrassed: When I told you all that you said you wouldn't tell! :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The way I feel about MC is that we are all one big somewhat happy family. Some will come and some will go, but for the most part we all know our place in this family. I think for any good family to work that there sometimes needs to be problems, or arugments. We are all only human in here, and sometimes i think it is easy to forget that. I want to just come out ans say that I respect everyone that comes on this forum, and share there love for The Muppets, Jim Henson, and or Puppetery. Each membere has a whole lot of talent, and I think when we combine that talent we get great things like The MuppetCast, and the MuppetMindset.
What I would really like to see is our Puppet group grow, I sadly feel that the wonderful art of puppets is slowly dying. That would be one of my Goals for this year, but I have such a full plate as it is I am going to be doing good to get everything done.
Anyways the point is, I love and respect everyone here at MC, and I would hope that we all would and could show everyone else that same respect.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If Steve Whitmire is afraid of soda pop, how does he feel regarding cola? Both are indeed highly interchangable, but at the same time, just changing the name can put a person at ease. :smirk: