MC Dorms: 2009: Home for the Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (to Kathy): Well, it's gettin' kinda late. Hope y'all had fun. We sure did! :big_grin:

Spike: Yeah ... I gotta admit ... singin' late at night made ev'rybody feel good.

Pearl (smiles): Everybody?

Spike: Yup. *hurries home*

Kelly: See you guys later! *goes home*

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kelly (to Kathy): Well, it's gettin' kinda late. Hope y'all had fun. We sure did! :big_grin:

Spike: Yeah ... I gotta admit ... singin' late at night made ev'rybody feel good.

Pearl (smiles): Everybody?

Spike: Yup. *hurries home*

Kelly: See you guys later! *goes home*
We had fun too!hugging Kelly Pearl & Spike And Spike,on behalf of my roomies and I ,I want to apologize. You like different things and we like different things.We shouldn't have looked at you like "Geez...he's weird!" Hopefully you want to be friends!
Hey Kelly,we'll do lunch soon!
going back to Room 6
Prairie:That was fun!
Rosita:Yes it was. Would have been nice if more people showed up though.
Grover:Well Kelly and her friends were there.So were Logan and his friends.For a little while anyway.
True! Anyway...I'm sleepy.Nite everyone! Good job tonight!:smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
tacking up another sign

Thank you to Kelly, Logan & their roomates as well as my roomates for taking place in the Christmas caroling on Monday! I was thinking that on tomorrow (Wednesday) night we could go caroling on Sesame Street!Sign up here if you want to go. A couple of songs we'll be doing are True Blue Miracle and Keep Christmas With You As well as some of the usual holiday songs!
Thanks & Happy Holidays!:smile:
Kathy

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
tacking up another sign

Thank you to Kelly, Logan & their roomates as well as my roomates for taking place in the Christmas caroling on Monday! I was thinking that on tomorrow (Wednesday) night we could go caroling on Sesame Street!Sign up here if you want to go. A couple of songs we'll be doing are True Blue Miracle and Keep Christmas With You As well as some of the usual holiday songs!
Thanks & Happy Holidays!:smile:
Kathy
Newsie (arrives in front of Kelly's apartment, setting down the luggage): Ah, well, that was a particularly amusing trip. We must do it again soon.

Cotterpin (on his shoulder, yawns): I'm just glad I didn't suffer any ill effects from being on that flying machine.

Newsie: The airplane?

Cotterpin (nods): Doozers and high altitudes don't exactly mix. Ask Waldo.

Newsie: Well, you see, airplane cabins are pressurized, so that's most likely why you didn't suffer from the change of altitude.

Cotterpin: Oh. *looks at her itinerary* I need to pop back into the Dorms for a bit. Wanna come?

Newsie: Sure. What do you need there?

Cotterpin: Well, for starters, uh ... my scooter. And I can't walk all the way to it and get to it by tonight.

Newsie: -_- Right. I suppose I'll carry you over there.

Cotterpin (kisses his cheek): You're the sweetest sorta-silly creature I know! *giggles*

Newsie (after they get back into the Dorm lobby): Ah, what's this? A caroling they will go? Sounds like an amusing experience.

Cotterpin: Sesame Street? Isn't that where Prairie and Rosita and Mr. Grover and Big Bird are from?

Newsie (nods, adjusts his glasses): Let's sign up, shall we? *signs their names to Kathy's note*

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Logan: Um yeah, Kathy. Me and my roommates had fun caroling but near the end we kind of got lost

Flashback

(Snow is coming down hard as the roommates walk through the wood toward a giant castle)

Mahna Mahna: Mahna mahna mah na mahn mahna.
Nigel: He says he doesn't think wer'e in the dorms anymore!
Logan: Okay thanks captain obvious.
(Big fat, jolly old man walks out of castle)
Big fat jolly man: HO HO HO!
Mahna Mahna: Mahnanta?
Snowth #1: *faints*
Nigel: Hey, it's you! You put me on the naughty list! *Tries to tackle Santa*

End of flashback

Logan: .....and then things got pretty ugly. The guys and I would love to join you today. If Nigel's injuries are healed by then.

Logan: *Walks back into room 4*
Nigel (in background): Can I get up now?
Logan: *Turns around to see Nigel in a full body cast* No, not until you're healed. now eat some more of that chicken soup I made for you.

Katzi428

Reaction score
sigh
Grover sits next to me on the couch What is the matter Kathy?Are you all right?
Well so far I'm getting the same people that caroled here in the Dorms that want to go with us on Sesame Street.
Grover:Oh...that is too bad.
And here I thought it was a good idea! Sheesh!I can be so stupid sometimes!
Grover:Kathy!Now youstop that!Rightnow!You are not stupid! You just like to have fun.Right?And you like to see others having fun.
Well yeah. But Grover,it's going to be silly with just a small group of us going over to Sesame Street.I wanted to work with a whole bunch of us. If no one else signs up within the next 3 hours I'm going to cancel it.
Prairie&Rosita come in from outside "You should
Prairie:Cancel what?
Caroling on Sesame Street. We have the same people that signed up for caroling the other night.
A chorus of "Oh come on!""Why?""That's not fair!""We still have Logan and Kelly's group!" "Please,Kathy?Don't cancel!"
waving arms in the air to quiet them down All right!..All right already!...But look...we need to go early.
Prairie:Why?
I have a doctor's appointment at 8 tomorrow morning.And as you all know,I'm not usually up that early.So let me go adjust the sign.
going out to the sign in the Common Room:
THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP FOR CAROLING AT SESAME STREET. THE BUS IS OUT OF HERE AT 4 (3 Central) WE ONLY HAVE 3 GROUPS GOING.I WAS GOING TO CANCEL BUT MY ROOMIES TALKED ME OUT OF IT. MEET US AT ROOM 6 15 MINUTES BEFOREHAND SO I OR ONE OF MY ROOMIES CAN DISTRIBUTE SONGSHEETS.THANK YOU!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (was told to go see the new notice by Newsie): Hmm ... another caroling spree? Good thing I got done building that lateral file cabinet last night.

Cotterpin (on Newsie's shoulder): Where is Sesame Street?

Kelly (scratches head): Somewhere in New York, I guess. All I know is that they mess around with the building layout every once in awhile.

Cotterpin (perks up): They have buildings?

Kelly (nods): It's an urban joint -- there are lots of buildings there.

Cotterpin: Cool! I'm SO in!

Newsie: Yes, a change of scenery would be nice. That, and no one ever gets seriously hurt in Sesame Street.

Kelly: Well, from what I've heard ...

Cotterpin: Who cares?

Newsie: Let's just say my health insurance and workman's comp is maxed out.

Cotterpin: But it's just a bunch of singing, right? What could go --.

Newsie (hushes her): NEVER say those words! Still, I can't wait -- though this seems awfully early for a caroling session.

Kelly (nods): I'm gonna have to hurry up and do laundry and study before we go.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (runs up to room 6): We're here!

Newsie: Have I ever been to Sesame Street?

Cotterpin (shrugs): I know I haven't.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ailie: *sprinting in* I'll take my roomies caroling wif you guys, even though one's Jewish and another two probably celebrate Kwanzaa. ;P *signs up the names*
Kelly (runs up to room 6): We're here!

Newsie: Have I ever been to Sesame Street?

Cotterpin (shrugs): I know I haven't.
Hey great!OK everyone.....here are your song sheets.We'll sing Jingle Bells and switch a few lyrics in some songs so they'll fit everyone's needs!
A horn blares outside
OK everyone ready?
We all get to the bus and are greeted by a VERY cranky bus driver
Bus Driver:Geez what took you so long?
I was waiting for an extra group but they didn't show....
Bus Driver:Yeah yeah just shaddup and plant it.I got a schedule ta keep ya know.I don't need no sob stories.
Sorry sir.taken aback a bit We're all here right?
a chorus of Yes's
OK..onward!

20 minutes later
OK we're here! Someone help Cotterpin with the steps please! And keep track of each other.I don't want anyone getting lost! Now,we'll start with "Jingle Bells" All set? Oh wait...I DON'T
want to hear the "Batman smells" version.got it? NOW here we go!
:sing:Dashing thru the snow
In a one horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go.....:sing:

(the singing goes on)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Newsie (has Cotterpin on his shoulder, has lyric sheet in front of him, squints eyes): Laughing all the way! Bells on bobtail ring, making spirits bright ...

Cotterpin (leans over cautiously to read): Oh what fun it is to sing a sleighing song tonight.

All: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way ... oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh!

Cotterpin (raises hand): Miss Kathy, ma'am? What's a 'sleigh'?

Status
Not open for further replies.