MC I Love the New Millennium

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well with the service I have it one things gets turned off, everything does...

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well with the service I have it one things gets turned off, everything does...
Hmm..if I am in so much trouble that I can't pay the bills the least of my worries is having internet:coy:. I need food, rent and lights, everything else is extra :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
we cant get good dsl where we live either. We were talking to somone who does have it on our street and she says that it is extremely slow and will randomly stop working or sometimes doesnt work at all.

Seriously, the only reliable connection is dial up. We live in the middle of nowhere in a dumpy little town that has nothing, well, except walmart :stick_out_tongue:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know other things are more important. But my brother does work online for HSN from home so when it goes out it's a real bummer for him.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I know other things are more important. But my brother does work online for HSN from home so when it goes out it's a real bummer for him.
Hmmm..could his work supply him with the plug into your computer cell phone type internet so he would have his own connection besides the house one? My friends job gave him that to be safe :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I haven't heard of Hotel Mario in years!

Go to Youtube... it's in at least 90% of poops.... maybe because it's the easiest clip to get. Which is why mine is nothing but it so far.

Hmm..well, if I ever do one the slow\fast voice effects are going out the window..not many video things really annoy me, but that sound is like a cross between an unhappy cat and Jabba the Hutt having a bad day
If I do it, I plan to do it a lot more stratigically. There was some Sonic the Hedgehog one that actually over laired frames on top of each other so Scratch and Grounder kept walking through the same forrest, and they appeared directly behind themselves or something. I'd love to do that. Unfortunately, all I have is movie maker... yuck.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The main problem with dial-up, besides very slow connection, is that you either have to be on the internet, or on the phone, you can't be on both at once.

When we still used to have dial-up several years ago, I swear, my mom's gabby friends were ticked off at me ALL THE TIME because they claimed I spent too much time online, and they could never get through to her.

But I don't see how anyone can have any of these problems you guys are talking about DSL; DSL is FAST, and flawless, plus, you get your connection DIRECTLY from the phone company, so you don't have to share your bandwidth with other people in the same general area as you.

Redsonga

Reaction score
The trouble is it is only very fast if you are in a good area, if you are out in the middle of nowhere like some of us DSL (and cell phone service for that matter) is as slow and unreliable as a two legged mule walking uphill in a snowstorm :frown:.

Also, Cable internet is so rare here is my poor town I'm not sharing it with all that many people :wink:.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hmmm..could his work supply him with the plug into your computer cell phone type internet so he would have his own connection besides the house one? My friends job gave him that to be safe :smile:.
Oh yeah! I forgot abut that one! Too bad he doesn't carry a cell phone. And he really has no point for having one, really... But may he should for work.