MC - The Revival

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Can I just eat one of the muffins before y'all start throwing them at each other? Then, y'know I'll pull out the cannon.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
You joined on the first of this year, so that makes you awesome... I humbly return your Jello–O. Um, you know what? Maybe I should just make you some new Jello-O. :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'll do my best to field this one. In the glory days of this forum threads frequently dissloved into random silliness (dissloves into confetti wheee) The term for this somehow became muffin as in this thread has been muffined.
And I thought "Muffin" was "Muppet" mispronounced, like Bitterman refered to the Muppets as Muffins.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Helloooooo everybodeeeeeeee! It is your old pal Beakie!

I've been popping in and out of MC a lot the last few months, and I've noticed something - there has been a lot of complaining, and a lot of leaving. I'll admit, I've been doing some of the complaining as well, but this has got to stop. It's not going to be the same as it used to be if all anyone does is gripe about it and fight with each other!

Therefore, I have a proposition:

Seeing as it is so close to the New Year, I propose we all do our best to make this coming year MC's best. This means we cut the squabbling and snarky remarks, the finger pointing, and the grouchiness (unless of course you're a Grouch, then it is perfectly acceptable). Not all of us know what MC used to be like- not everyone got to see MC when it really felt like a tight-nit family. But some of us DO, so it is our job to bring that feeling back.

When I first joined MC, I knew very little about the Muppets. I kept coming, though, because everyone was SO nice to me and made me feel right at home. Everybody treated me like an equal - not like a newbie or a "wanna-be fan". And you know what else? Muffins and ziffles. Threads were full of them, because nobody cared about staying "on topic".

It seems to me that MC needs a heaping helping of the spirit of Jim Henson (and Richard Hunt, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and everyone else!) In short, my new years resolution this year is to take Daniel's (aka Tehehman) motto and "LOVE EVERYBODY!"

WHO'S WITH ME? :big_grin:
I've been saying it for at least a couple of years now, but I would love nothing better than to see MC return to a state of peace and tranquility, as in the old days, but it's going to take more than just US (as in old-timers, and regulars) to make it happen, it's going to take the cooperation of EVERYBODY, including the newer generation as well. Gee, that almost channeled the lyrics of that old SST song... "Cooperation, makes it happen, cooperation, woikin' t'gethuh! Dig it!"

Puckrox

Reaction score
You joined on the first of this year, so that makes you awesome... I humbly return your Jello–O. Um, you know what? Maybe I should just make you some new Jello-O. :embarrassed:
... Yeah, y'know, new jell-o sounds... good. I'll get on that. :sympathy:

Aaron

Reaction score
Jello is jello is jello is jello is green is red is ...

Puckrox

Reaction score
... is tasty! *Noms on Jell-o* Red jell-o is the best kind. :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I've been saying it for at least a couple of years now, but I would love nothing better than to see MC return to a state of peace and tranquility, as in the old days, but it's going to take more than just US (as in old-timers, and regulars) to make it happen, it's going to take the cooperation of EVERYBODY, including the newer generation as well. Gee, that almost channeled the lyrics of that old SST song... "Cooperation, makes it happen, cooperation, woikin' t'gethuh! Dig it!"
We should all put like a little blip about it in out signatures. Then maybe other people will notice the pattern and catch on.

Something like this (going off of D'Snowth's thing)

"Cooperation, makes it happen, cooperation, woikin' t'gethuh! Dig it!"
~MC Revival~

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We should all put like a little blip about it in out signatures. Then maybe other people will notice the pattern and catch on.

Something like this (going off of D'Snowth's thing)

"Cooperation, makes it happen, cooperation, woikin' t'gethuh! Dig it!"
~MC Revival~
I'm game.

Avatars wouldn't hurt too... it's just like in the old days whenever we campaigned to get people who had left to return to the forum.

But I'm glad to see that this is FINALLY catching on with people now! There was too much of people who were in this league holding their tongues and keeping their mouths (or fingers) shut because the mindset that nothing could be done to help, and too much of youngens being all "Will you fucryin' out loud shut up about problems that don't exist already, ya idiotic moron?"