1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Me and My Monsters

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by MuppetDanny, Oct 16, 2010.

1. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi MC Forum,

I'm writing to ask if any UK members are planning to tape "Me and My Monsters" on CBBC? I am having problems with my DVD recorder and I don't think I will be able to tape it. Is there any chance that anyone can do me a copy of the series please? Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks
  2. Luke Active Member

Hi, i will try my best to get all episodes but i missed today and yesterdays. I'm sure it will all be repeated though seeing as they are doing a daily run of the first series (in incorrect order it seems).

I really love the show. Produced by ex-Henson people, lovely puppets made by Henson, puppeteered by great Henson connected people - its probably one of the best ever non Muppet/Fraggle Henson shows, even though technically it isn't one lol
  3. BradFraggle Member

Who are the puppeteers in this? I would love to know who performs Haggis, Norman and Fiend. They are beautiful puppets. Well done, Henson!
  4. Luke Active Member

Fiend - Heath McIvor and Alice Osborne
    Haggis - Don Austen and Sean Masterson
    Norman - Mathew Mcoy and Fiona Gentle

Puppets built by Niki Lyons, Jamie Campbell and Dan Carlilse at Henson

Muppety people producing are Pete Coogan & Martin G Baker (who have now formed Baker Coogan productions), and Lisa Henson & Halle Stanford (at Henson itself)

Most of the puppeteers worked on Farscape. Other than Don Austen who has worked on Muppets, Hoobs and loads of other British stuff.

Cool website for it at - http://www.meandmymonsters.tv
  5. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Hi Luke, thank you for your very kind offer, but I think I'm sorted as someone has already offered to record it for me. I hope it goes to plan! May I come back to you if I need to?

I'm glad you love the show, I have only seen the first episode on the iplayer and I enjoyed it too. The puppets are really great and very colourful. Haggis is one of my fav. monsters, Don Austen has done a really good job.
  6. Luke Active Member

Hi Danny

Yes of course, come back to me anytime.

I love Haggis too, have always enjoyed Don Austen characters. I'm loving Fiend too, great personality. I hope in time there is some merchanside.
  7. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

*Sigh* You guys get all the interesting TV shows (in my opinion, at least).

Any news as to whether or not it will ever get aired over here? :confused:
  8. Kermieuk Well-Known Member

This all sounds very positive!

Im pleased to say that I agree with all the above. I am also really enjoying the show! I got it on series link on SKY.

My fave has to be Fiend, what a totally amazing looking puppet, and a great new idea having performers hands in his feet and rods for the arms.

I wonder if there will be any merchandise for this show? I want plushes!

Great Work

Chris
  9. Luke Active Member

I would loveeeeeeeee Action Figures or PVC's.

I also have love for Norman. Yeah he just brings and beeps and wheeee's but he's crazy, random and looks so cool.

LMAO today at the episode this morning when Haggis had "human dad thingy persons" phone and asked "Whats Delety All?" haha
  10. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Just to let you all know I just got all 13 shows from CBBC. Drop me a line who wants a copy.
  11. beaker Well-Known Member

Holy early 90's Batman! This looks like a sitcom Henson woulda done in 93-94 for ABC that woulda lasted a few months in march or april.
    (wait, didnt they do something just like this, but with aliens?)

My first thoughts were "wow, this is the first time Creature Shop has made characters that look like Muppets"
    and "whoah, is that a red Thog?"

I definitely would love to see more. Is there anywhere online full episodes are?

I LOVED Mopatop and made sure and got most the merchandise they made for it(Hoobs I was so-so on) So I definitely second the merchandise wish!

Sadly, given ignorant Americans disliking of British accents, I doubt this will air on US television.
  12. Luke Active Member

It's a UK/New Zealand co-production so actually a lot of the accents are kinda New Zealand with the main character and the mum being British. It's the one thing about the show I find a little strange, but i understand why.

Yeah it is that kinda sitcom style I could imagine Henson doing years back, I really enjoyed all the episodes and the puppets. I have them all on DVD too, if you want them let me know.
  13. beaker Well-Known Member

Oh I love New Zealand accents. I mean Flight of the Conchords/Eagle Vs Shark, enough said. I think maybe the backstory is maybe the mother met the father while vacationing or working in New Zealand? I'd love to see full episodes, I really liked the clips I saw online. I swear though, that's Thog's cousin! :3