Media Play will not carry series 9

rexcrk

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Sal is still planned as a 3 paint as far as I know. Sometimes the 3-pint thing is cool, like with Jonny, and some times it seems stupid. I am glad we got a shifty sam in series 8 in stead of a 3 paint marvin which we would have gotten. At this time, it is unknown what is in series 11 or if there will be a series 11 so it is impossible to say if the 3-paint thing will continue.

I'm not 100% sure I like the Lips 3paint, but it is being done for a reason. The original pain6ts are so com-lex that they apprently need to make less per case to keep the cost down.
I think it's a cool idea too. They make it seem like you're getting a little bit more than just a repaint too. Like with the photos and record sleeves w/ Johnny. I'm really looking forward to the different versions of Robin that come with Sal too! That's gonna be really awesome. And I'm gonna order me a "Steppin' Out" repaint of Johnny from ebgames.com tomorrow. :smile:

homerthegreat

Reaction score
There is a chain in Canada called Cinema 1. they've carried Muppets since Series 1, and that's where I have bught most of my figures.

Ed man

Reaction score
So there's gonna be no series 9 at Media Play (Suncoast) but what about series 8? I have yet to see a Sam or his friends on any of their pegs? Has anyone seen series 8 at their local Suncoast?

I definatly will not be renewing my Replay card if their dropping the line!

-Ed man

WiGgY

Reaction score
It is suppose to be there, but maybe they are not sending it out to all their stores. Do you stores you go to have a lot of series 7 left? If so, they probably won't stock 8 until the move 7. Youmay want to try asking about it.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Don't give up hope. There's the chance they'll come around. They gave up on WOS for a while, now I see the final series on their shelf. Also, Tower tends to skip a series or two before putting the next one back in stock. I'm not saying the furture looks bright, but it's not the end either.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Don't give up hope. There's the chance they'll come around. They gave up on WOS for a while, now I see the final series on their shelf. Also, Tower tends to skip a series or two before putting the next one back in stock. I'm not saying the furture looks bright, but it's not the end either.
Problem is, will the muppet line be around long enough for Media Play to some around and pick the line back up. With no series 9 at Media Play, it is even less likely that series 10 will happen. I do want series 10 to happen though. If it doesn't get sold to stores, the next step is to take it to Palisades Direct just like the minis. Though who knows if it will be called series 10 or if the series will be sold all at once if that happens.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well, they've got a customer in me! And I am NOT letting pirate Gonzo and Rizzo get away from me :wink: Or Sal for that matter :big_grin:

Telly

Reaction score
This pretty much stinks. It makes me sad. The funny thing is I wasn't even gonna buy the Muppet toys. I was gonna be all "grown up" and stuff. Yeah Series 1 came out and my one of my friends that owed me money buys me Bunsen. He's not even one of my favorites! I could've seen if my friend had bought Kermit for me cuz Kermit's the universal Muppet, but Bunsen? Who can have JUST Bunsen? So I have boughten all but one of the figures (BOP Fozzie). So this makes me mad that the line is diminishing. Why can't it go longer? It's so much cooler than the Simpsons line!!!!

WiGgY

Reaction score
But the simpson line is cheaper and has a larger fan base with a current show still on the air..