1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Meet the Feebles on DVD?

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Zack the Dog, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Luke

Luke Active Member

As far as i knew, JHC didn't sue over 'Meet The Feebles' - there were some similarities but nothing that broke copyright.
  2. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Sounds like the movie gives puppetry a bad name.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You know, on the budget they had there are a good moments and the shot composition is nice. It's challenging to compose puppet shots. I got the drift that Jackson somehow admired the Muppets and made his crude version of them as a parody/indie art film. It all ends like a Scorsese picture. Not many Feebles make it. The movie is at best a guilty pleasure and at worst a mess that doesn't quite connect to viewers except to gross-out. The puppet building is sub-standard for the most part, but so many non-Henson puppets at that time were pretty terrible and that kind of was the point in this film. I recommend this picture to very few people, half of which flat-out hate it.
  4. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

lol, haha, this old thread? I was able to find this movie on DVD a few years back now.
  5. Kuriboh Man

now if only these guys can be just as appropriate as the Muppets, then the movie would be worth watching.
  6. Kuriboh Man

a variety show called "Meet The Feebles"

Actually I read that the name of the show was "The Feeble Variety Hour."
  7. Kuriboh Man

:boo: I gotta admit, I never saw anything like that before.

:sleep: With any luck we'll never see anything like that again!
    (DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!)

(sorry I had to get that out of my system)