1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Meet the Feebles on DVD?

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Zack the Dog, Jan 7, 2003.

1. radionate New Member

This was in the Daily Mississippian (our college student newspaper) this past Tuesday. Thought I would share the link since it seems relevant to the thread:

Meet the Feebles Article

We have a great video store in town that specializes in renting out little known movies. They actually have quite a few puppetry movies there. One of these days I'll get in there with a pen and paper and write down all the titles and rent them, so I may share with you all. Most of the movies they have are French I believe (the puppetry films).
  2. beaker Well-Known Member

Sweet. Yeah I myself have seen a bunch of super cryptic underground indie, cult, experimental and foreign films involving puppetry and stop motion. Definately not for everyone, but a fun little break from Bruckheimer extreme Bizkit soundtrack world.
  3. Muppet Pro New Member

So Is There alot of Blood in the film ?

And what other stuff did they use ?
  4. Fireimps87 New Member

Think Conker's Bad Fur Day meets the Muppets
  5. Muppet Pro New Member

What Is Conker's Bad Hair Day ? Is It That Video Game ? I don't know what that's about ?
  6. Fireimps87 New Member

7. Kye Member

I thought "Meet the Feebles " had been banned from certain states. I remember living in New Hampshire and a video store clerk telling me it that the Jim Henson Company had sued P.J. and the producers of the movie. I would love to find out if this quentin tarrentino wannabe video clerk from my past was telling the truth.:rolleyes:
  8. Muppet Pro New Member

I wish The Jim Henson Company Sued every person who made spoofs & Bad jokes about The Muppets On The Internet.
  9. Muppet Pro New Member

You Know,

I Just Saw A Video Clip Of The Film.

It Was The Opening theme for there show and everything went wrong, you know guns & Puppets heads blowing up with fake blood & Meat coming out.

This is making puppetry look evil. :mad:

WHY ? :eek:
  10. GWGumby New Member

Yeah, sue everyone who ever said anything bad about a Muppet. That would absolutely endear the Jim Henson company and Muppets to everyone.

Muppet Pro, you really need to just allow people to have opinions whether you agree with them or not. Overly letigious people who sue anytime they are remotlely offended is a problem not a solution.
  11. Muppet Pro New Member

I'm Sorry. I'm not trying to hog the spotlight or not let anyone have a opinion or not let anyone speak at all. I'm just saying my opinion and just saying what I feel About it. I'm sorry If I'm A Problem. But I can't help it.
  12. Muppet Pro New Member

Plus These Days Television, Movies & Music has nothing but Cussing, Sex & Blood.

Jim Henson did Say That he wished that this world would be a better place. I wish that too.

I also wished that television wouldn't have so much bad entertainment.

But There's Nothing that we could do about it, Because of the law "Freedom of speech".

You Know,the only time When Television was good was in the 50's, 60s, 70's, 80's & early & Middle 90's

I'm Sorry But That's Just My opinion.
  13. GWGumby New Member

I understand your opinion, and you have the right to voice it. But in voicing your opinion, you need to recognize that others have the right to have their own point of view as well.

I'm not fond of sex, violence, & vulgarity either. I wish it didn't proliferate in our media so much, and I'm glad there are others who share that opinion. But I also recognize freedom of speech and that with the freedom comes the right to say and do things that I don't agree with even if I'm offended by them.

There are things you can do. Don't watch the offensive TV shows or movies. Don't buy the offensive music. It's $$ that determine whether this type of entertainment is made for the public.

In regards to "Meet The Feebles." It wasn't a big hit. In fact, most people have never heard of it. It really isn't that good of a movie. So ultimately, the majority of people didn't want to see a movie about a group of Muppet-like puppets being really offensive.
  14. Muppet Pro New Member

Yah.

So What Year Did The Jim Henson Company Sue MeetThe Feebles ? 1989 ? :confused:
  15. Luke Active Member

As far as i knew, JHC didn't sue over 'Meet The Feebles' - there were some similarities but nothing that broke copyright.
  16. Muppet Pro New Member

I see.

Well I asked that question because Kye Just Said that JHC sued the Company who made Meet The Feebles.
  17. radionate New Member

No no, Kye just said that a movie clerk TOLD him that JHC had sued. Just goes to show the old addage, "never trust a video store clerk" holds true! :)
  18. Kuriboh Man Active Member

Sounds like the movie gives puppetry a bad name.
  19. frogboy4 Inactive Member

You know, on the budget they had there are a good moments and the shot composition is nice. It's challenging to compose puppet shots. I got the drift that Jackson somehow admired the Muppets and made his crude version of them as a parody/indie art film. It all ends like a Scorsese picture. Not many Feebles make it. The movie is at best a guilty pleasure and at worst a mess that doesn't quite connect to viewers except to gross-out. The puppet building is sub-standard for the most part, but so many non-Henson puppets at that time were pretty terrible and that kind of was the point in this film. I recommend this picture to very few people, half of which flat-out hate it.
  20. Muppet Pro New Member

Funny, it's like last year I was so shocked at the clips. But now I'm just curious what the movie is like. As I looked at the clips again, it looks more like shock value. But there's a plot, right?