Mega Muppets: Your Top Choices

SuperGrover

Reaction score
I think Phillip copied my list! :eek: J/K. But seriously, he really has some excellent picks. Especially the first six. My Mega Muppet wishlist is as follows:

1. Beaker -- essentially the same thing Phil said. Beaker really does NEED to have a head & neck that moves up & down at least. Fuzzy non-sculpted hair on top too.
2. Reporter Kermit the Frog!
3. Jumbo Janice! WITH swingy rooted hair! Oh like, WOW! :big_grin:
4. Animal
5. Pepe
6. First Mate Pigs In Space Miss Piggy! Also with straight, swingy blond nice rooted Piggy hair! Rooted eyelashes too (just like Janice).

Then I'd want
7. Sweetums -- who can resist a big bad monster named Sweetums? The Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer action figure lineup by Playing Mantis has an Ultimate 16" Abominable Snow Monster Action Figure with "Roaring" sound feature, and he's fuzzy too! Yes, I definitely would be on cloud nine with a Mega Muppet Sweetums.
8. Statler & Waldorf -- who'd also sell very well with fans & casual or non-fans alike
9. Rowlf
10. Sam Eagle
11. Gonzo

Runners up:
Rizzo
Scooter
Fozzie
Link Hogthrob
Zoot

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hate to tell you all this, but Beaker's head will not move up and down on this figure. Basically, to do that would require a completely different sculpted figure. Down the road there is a plan to do a carded Beaker that may have that functionality, but not for this MEGA version of the small existing figure.

Why? Because there is no room for his head TO go down. You have two double disc ball joints in his shoulders that nearly touch each other in the inside of his hollow ABS torso cavity. That prevents any movement down into the torso.

Those of you who have an open Beaker have seen his mouth is soft enough to push in. That's generally the way the head of a "head down" Beaker needs to be, but unless we do a completely different design on the torso/arms, it can't happen.

Minimal enhancements will be made to these MEGA versions, and rooted high pile hair is being investigated. As will any tweaks on future releases.

As for the trenchcoat Kermit, I wouldn't hold your breath. The only way we were able to do a trenchcoat Kerm at all was in the Koozebane playset, and that itself was a very difficult thing to get permission to do. Bottom line is that Kerm in a trenchcoat is very much a Sesame Street type thing and nobody wants to step on anybody's toes. I will try, but I doubt I can get permission to do it in the MEGA line.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

I would have thought a Trenchcoat Kermit is a good choice, Because he WAS in The Muppet Show so all those fans would buy him, And then he was in Sesame Street , So all those fans would also buy him.

See ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can see why the trenchcoat would be a different thing and lets not forget - a MegaKermit Palisades style will blow any other verion out of the water so I'm not worried. It will look spectacular and I don't think there will be any problems selling it.

Hmmmmm. THe silence about the FM Piggy is making me wonder....:smile:

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
In order:

Pepe
Animal
Rowlf
Gonzo
Dr. Teeth
Kermit
Fozzie
Sam the Eagle
Zoot

I would want all of them to be as true to their classic selves as possible, considering we'll probably only see one of each of them...

beaker

Reaction score
Hmmm, here's a thought...how about a regular Pepe figure first?

I think Im not the only one on here who hopes to see a sculpt of him in Toy Fair NY 2003 coverage online.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
about trenchcoat Kermit

Kermit is considered to be Sesame Street's #1 guest star, whether he wears the trenchcoat or not. He is not owned by or licensed through the Workshop. He is a Henson owned commodity. Which is why there are no Sesame Kermits other than the singing Caribbean Amphibian singing & talking Kermit the Frog, who does not wear the trenchcoat by the way.

The trenchcoat is very much a Kermit thing as opposed to it mainly or mostly being a Sesame Street thing.

Any Kermit reporter/trenchcoat merchandise of the past was not Sesame Street. It was always Muppet Show or Kermit in general. The Sigma mug, and The Muppet Show dress-up Kermit, for example.

No new news, I know. I'm still just wishing.

"I wish I had a coat of silk the color of the sky"