Mega Muppets: Your Top Choices

Luke

Reaction score
Ok well i think Phil did a pretty perfect job and i kinda agree with everything there. I also totally dig his extra ideas like Kermit in the trencoat, First mate Piggy, levers or buttons that make Animals eyebrows move. If at all possible - there really has to be some kind of extra draw to these figures even if it's just rooted hair but more would be good - i don't think people are worried about more articulation points unless they actually do something worthwhile.

My list, seeing as Beaker is gonna be first, and that the figures will follow the previous waves of sculpts already made is as follows :-

1) Beaker - Not my choice for first but it's happening so no point in adding a different character here.

2) Animal - Another character with lots of popularity with non-fans, and with moving eyebrows and things you can really do with the extra detail.

3) Vacation Fozzie :- I think i'd like to see Vacation Fozzie here rather than the normal one. The extra accessories and things would look great large and it's such a colorful figure it would look great supersized. A cloth shirt in the red Hawian colors would be PERFECTO !!!!!

4) Swedish Chef :- Another big favorite with non-fans and the whole Chefs outfit will look good supersized. Would be good if his Chefs uniform was cloth rather than plastic.

5) First Mate Piggy :- I do think Piggy would be boring as a regular outfit large figure but this gives it that little something different and is gonna be a big draw for Sci Fi nostalgic fans too.

6) Reporter Kermit :- For the same reasons as Piggy more or less. I think it'd be crazy to do this line without doing a Kermit - it's like the Muppet law there's always a Kermit.

7) Gonzo :- Another main character that always gets done. I think the extra detail on Gonzo's facial features (ie:- nose) would be cool. This definitely should be a regular Gonzo rather than a daredevil outfit.

8) Janice :- I think there kinda has to be an Electric Mayhem character and you can go to town with the colors and things on this, and hopefully rooted hair. I picked her over Dr Teeth as by this time he would be long gone and forgotten and the regular size Janice figure would be in peoples minds. Must come with guitar for it to be worth doing !

9) Sweetums :- Everyone is gonna love this because it means Sweetums really can finally be a larger than life character.

10) Pepe :- A good character to end with, and of course the one everybody will be waiting for. Definitely a regular Pepe rather than Tutu or anything else.

Hmmm doing this has made me slightly more enthusiastic about the line if the fans suggestions are actually taken on board - looks like Jamies done well building up interest for Palisades by creating the thread, Muppet Central should start up a PR company ! :rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Hmmm doing this has made me slightly more enthusiastic about the line if the fans suggestions are actually taken on board - looks like Jamies done well building up interest for Palisades by creating the thread, Muppet Central should start up a PR company<<<

Luke, this is so weird...my interest in the Megas has completely waned! Now that Ive seen the Simpsons minis, I think TMS minis would be inherently more logical than these potential shelf warmers.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Who says they can't make Muppets of every shape and size? I say make Giant Mega Muppets!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Who says they can't make Muppets of every shape and size? I say make Giant Mega Muppets<<<

Because, I think its more wiser to come out with minis first. They perhaps wouldnt have any time or schedule to come out with minis after megas. Lets be honest here...if its a vote, isnt agreed we'd all be mor ehappier with sets of minis than one big $25+ mega? I know youre like the chief pr guy behind the megas jamie, but really...check out michale crawford's review of the WoS minis and tell me a TMS equivelent wouldnt rock the collector world!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cory *all* things are being considered right now by Palisades, just be patient. Ken mentioned there are a couple other things they are working on that will be announced later this year. There is a vision and a plan of how everything will work together.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Who says they can't make Muppets of every shape and size? I say make Giant Mega Muppets!
Please don't give Ken any ideas there Jamie !!!!! I am beginning to sense a vibe from people that they are starting to get a little overwhelmed with how much has been put out there for the hardcore fans to buy in such a small time scale. I don't think the market is big enough for this - it needs to be evened out a little to keep up the excitement/build up for future products to come out.

Actually forgetting Palisades, i would be more than up for life size cardboard stand-up's of the Muppet characters. They've done it with Betty Boop, WWF Wrestlers, Homer and Bart. I think they could do well getting stand-up's licensed.

Cory :- The Mega line doesn't excite me all that much but our ideas do show there is a lot of possibilities to be enthusiastic about if the Mega idea was done properly as an entirely seperate line rather than just re-sculpts.

uncleduke

Reaction score
One of our favorite bad movies is the Amazing Collusal Man...
Both the straight and MST3K versions.
SO we are looking forward to playing Amazing Collosal Beaker when he comes out. Finally Honeydew, vengeance will be his.

So far the only 2 I have heard Ken say were on the table were the Beaker and the Swedish Chef. If they set the standard for doing Mega versions of the playset figures, that may possibly smooth the way for a reporter Kermit. ? If you think about it, all of the proposed Playset figures are on some of these lists... Animal, Pig In Space Miss Piggy, Swedish Chef... just a thought.

For our family We would want Beaker (done deal), Fozzie, and Crazy Harry.

And I think they should do a limited edition 1:1 scale Sweetums LOL, I'd buy one!!

King Prawn

Reaction score
When i first read about Mega Muppets i wasn't too excited, especially if it was just a bigger version of little Beaker but as i kept on reading other peoples post i started to get excited.

Just think about it wouldn't Mega Beaker be cool to use as one of Bunsen inventions gone wrong and has blown up Beaker and he's terrorising (sp?) the Pigs in Space Set.

The Electric Mayhem how cool would these look on display, but then they should come with their instruments.

my list would be (beaker being first):

1) Beaker
2) Animal
3) Dr. Teeth
4) Kermit
5) Janice
6) Gonzo
7) Pepe
8) Miss Piggy
9) Sweetums
10) Zoot
11) Fozzie Bear