Merchandise You'd like to see

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fantasy series 6- 10 post got me to thinking (and Lord it hurt) why just stop at action figures. What other Muppet stuff would you like to see hit stores?

Bobbing heads are very big right now. I saw whole shelfs devoted to them at several stores. My question is why not make Muppet Bobbing heads. Maybe a Miss Piggy dressed up like a Hula dancer, and Kermit dressed up as a Baseball player? I'd definately get them. That way my ALF, Pink Panther and Underdog won't be lonely!

How about some bean bags. I know this fad is gone with the wind, but I still buy them. Maybe Disney can release new ones at the Disneyworld attraction. (hopefully a better Kermit, and not that freakishly hideous one they made).

And PVC's! Around here, the last ones I found were Just Piggy, Kermit, and the tow together. WHat about Fozzie, Beaker, etc.

And Fraggle items. We haven't seen Fraggle toys since the show was cancelled.

towels

Reaction score
I want bigger muppet things...things that I'd need in my house anyway...

Muppet Furniture.
Muppet Dishes.
Muppet Towels.
Muppet Wallpaper.
Muppet Sheets.
Muppet Computers.

I can even now imagine the smiles I'd get driving down the street in one of those new VW Bugs with Kermit painted on it...

So when will Palisades branch out? Ken could probably take on another project or two, right? :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
hey

well, the bobble heads seems so cheap to me, like something youd get from Spencers. However, this is an interesting post. As we all know, JHC when it comes to non palisades merchandise is like a few trick pony...as they never release non 'main 5'(ie: kermit, piggy, fozzie, gonzo, and animal) stuff. Heck, I was shocked to see a Rizzo namco plush stateside online, as til now Europe is usually where ya can find him.

I would LOVE to finally freaking see some Pepe stuff! I mean, sheesh theyve been pushing him as a new main 5 player for awhile. and now its time to walk the walk to.

Who the heck here wouldnt buy Pepe stuff? To be honest, we could see Indianna Jones 4 or Episode 3 before we see a Pepe figure from Palisades.

I would love to see a Pepe keychain, black t-shirt, etc.
Why theres hasnt been any Pepe stuff at all(save for the upcoming nascar thing) is beyond me.

Also, I would love to see some Muppet pvcs, especially of non main 5 characters. I know everybody loves their main 5 as they should, but is anyone tired of merchandise with JUST these guys? When we'll we see some Swedish Chef, Sam Eagle, Statler and Waldorf stuff? What, to daring for marketers to make "obscure" based merchandise?

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I like the bobbing head idea a lot!!

I'd also like to see some household things, like lamps & rugs.
A new board game or puzzle would be nice.
My wife would like some scrapbook items, such as paper & stickers.
Some apparel like jackets & ball caps would be cool.
A new comic book series would be nice.
Some school supplies- binders, pens/pencils, folders, etc.
Halloween costumes!!
Mouse pads

Those thinsg would help me get my "Muppet fix".

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I think we *might* see some Muppet Head Boppers soon...

*hint hint*

See ya

radionate

Reaction score
I really want to see some really quality stuffed animals come out of secondary characters. Like:

Sam
Dr. Teeth
Zoot
Floyd
Janice

maybe even new versions of Scooter, Rowlf, and a nice Animal

Would love Pepe, Bobo, Sal, and Clifford too.

Those would make me a happy camper.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I really want to see some really quality stuffed animals come out of secondary characters. Like:

Sam
Dr. Teeth
Zoot
Floyd
Janice
And Fisher Price Muppet puppets of 'em, too! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Only if they can come out with some decent puppets. The older ones weren't bad (Animal was Awsome!), but FP hasn't done really great stuff of late. You seen what they did to Little People about 10 years ago?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
How about some CDs? A re-release of the soundtracks-- movies and the two TMS albums.

I'd like to see more of the sorts of stuff Sigma used to put out. I'd love to see a Muppet Hannukah Menorah as well as new Christmas ornaments.

Really good quality stuffed animals for a cross section of Muppets-- absolutely.

Basically-- I'd just like to see more high quality Muppet stuff. The key chains and spirals at Spencers (and else where) are okay, but how about some more stuff on the level of the Palisades figures and WETA busts? Stuff like the Tiffany-style lamp that came out a while back. Real collectibles.

Of course I'd also like some new Muppet patterns-- like the old costume patterns, Christmas stocking patterns, plush patterns (though not just Muppet Babies this time), that kinda thing.

radionate

Reaction score
I would love a McDonalds Happy Meal promotion celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Muppet Show too, with 25 toys in the meal:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Fozzie
Rowlf
Scooter
Gonzo
Beaker
Bunsen
Dr. Teeth
Animal
Floyd
Janice
Zoot
Statler
Waldorf
Robin
Rizzo
Beau
Sweetums
Pops
Link Hogthrob
The Newsman
Dr. Strangpork
Marvin Skuggs
Camilla

Plus a happy meal box that turns into the muppet stage!