Middle Names

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
*changes his name to Matt*

:cool:
LOL!!!!

But Byron is so unique. I think it's a very nice name. :smile: It reminds me of that Romantic poet, Lord Byron. Anyway, Byron Summers has a very poetic ring to it. :wink:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Matt, you moron! There ain't nuffin' wrong with Allen!

Really!

There ain't!

Out of those 2 names you gave, I would bet my paycheck that EVERYone who saw that post woulda guessed your middle name'd been Alvin!

:smile:
Simon? Theodore? Alvin? ... Alvin???? ... ALVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:
:stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
JamieDenny said:
My full name is James Jonathan Damien Denny, Double J Double D.

My parents liked the JJ, being Irish and all, and I chose Damien for my Confirmation name, the reason being that I had to choose a St's name and there was no St Garrison or St Gilby, so there ya go :smile:
Jamie
Garrison - yay!! The only guy I've ever heard with that name is Mr. Keillor, who's bringing Prairie Home Companion to Erie in January! I can't wait! If I were Catholic I think I'd see if I could get away with Francis, even though he's a guy. He's always been my favorite saint. I love how on "Father Dowling" Sister Steve got away with St. Sivle - Elvis spelled backwards!!!! :eek: :crazy:
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon

LOL!!!!

But Byron is so unique. I think it's a very nice name. :smile: It reminds me of that Romantic poet, Lord Byron. Anyway, Byron Summers has a very poetic ring to it.
:wink:

Awwwww... :embarrassed:

Thanks! Now when I write my first book, I'll have to, like, dedicate it to you, or base or name a character after your or some'in'! :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Awwwww... :embarrassed:

Thanks! Now when I write my first book, I'll have to, like, dedicate it to you, or base or name a character after your or some'in'! :smile:
:eek: :big_grin: Yay!!! And I'll be first in line to buy it! :wink:
Erin

somethingofafan

Reaction score
My middle name isn't particularly embarrassing, which is good, because it's what my parents chose to call me, and everyone else (myself included) followed suit.

It does get weird, though, when I have to explain that I only use the numerical suffix with the first initial because neither my dad nor his dad ever called themselves "Keith". I always sign it (initial) Keith (surname) III; I have (initial) Keith (surname) on my driver's license, but I cringe whenever I see Keith (surname) III without the initial. It's even worse than having to say the initial; and in those cases, I usually either introduce myself as (first name) Keith (surname) III or simply as Keith (surname).

Going by my middle name is okay, but I always have this irrational fear of going through hassles if electronic machines can't tell that Keith (surname) is the same person as (firstname) (surname) and that the (firstname) (surname) born in 1980 is not the same as the one born in 1952, who is not the same as the one who lived from 1918 to 1979.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
somethingofafan said:
My middle name isn't particularly embarrassing, which is good, because it's what my parents chose to call me, and everyone else (myself included) followed suit.

It does get weird, though, when I have to explain that I only use the numerical suffix with the first initial because neither my dad nor his dad ever called themselves "Keith". I always sign it (initial) Keith (surname) III; I have (initial) Keith (surname) on my driver's license, but I cringe whenever I see Keith (surname) III without the initial. It's even worse than having to say the initial; and in those cases, I usually either introduce myself as (first name) Keith (surname) III or simply as Keith (surname).

Going by my middle name is okay, but I always have this irrational fear of going through hassles if electronic machines can't tell that Keith (surname) is the same person as (firstname) (surname) and that the (firstname) (surname) born in 1980 is not the same as the one born in 1952, who is not the same as the one who lived from 1918 to 1979.
Yipes! That sounds kinda confusing! My brother went to school with a boy who went by his middle name Michael instead of David because he said it was easier to spell. :confused: He must have just spelled out "Mike". This was back in Kindergarten that he decided to do this. I think he might have the same name as his dad, though. Same first name, not sure about the middle.
Erin

Crazy31088

Reaction score
Reid (my grandmother's maiden name). Making my full name William Reid Dyess....God, I sound so bleedin' British in my first two names, then suddenly turning German in my last name! Tsk, tsk, tsk

Beebers

Reaction score
Like every other female child of the late 1950's, my middle name is Anne.

First name Laurel, because my Dad was a forester and conservationist and the Laurel was his favorite flower.

Laurel Anne. You knew you were in very deep manure if both your names were used, in our house growing up. Very deep indeed.