Mini Muppets Wave 4 pics!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Amazing! Ken took my advice on the eyes of Janice and on the Rowlf playing the upright piano. FINALLY! JAnice has the right eyes! The figure's eyes go like this \ / but they really go like this / \ like on the mini. YAY!! And I like the hair VERY much. No hat though...oh well. The figure has it I guess.

Floyd looks good. Not better than the figure, but not really worse either. The guitar is in a better scale The figure's guitar was too big. This one is more like what the puppet would use. Smaller scale. Why didn't they make him left handed though? Seems like they are going for a consistant look with the figure instead of correcting a problem. Overall he looks good though. Definatly a must have to go with that greatly improved Janice.

Rowlf!! YEAH! Now that is a Rowlf! Great arms, great head, great looking mini. He is posed as if he were right there in the pit playing the upright and stealing the scene. He's even facing in the correct direction. Fantastic! The piano he comes with HAS to be an upright. A keyboard would not do.

THESE HAVE TO GET MADE!!!! Everyone HAS to buy series 3! Heck, even I am buying them at full price and I didn't collect the first 2 sets until they went on sale. Series 3 and 4 are far beyong the first 2 sets. 4 is even better than 3 so far and 3 seems like the best!

I think series 5 is obvious. We need a nice ne Fozzie, maybe on stage with a brick wall behind him as he dabs the sweat from his forehead. Stater and Waldorf in their mini-balcony would go great with him and you know that anyone buying a Statler will buy a Waldorf. We NEED a mini Sweetums to go with Thog and Doglion to really help complete that opening scene. Maybe Sweetums can have a mini Robin on his shoulder with Sweetums look at him. A pose that you couldn't get with the Sweetums figure would be best. those 4 right there would be must haves. Hmm..who is left... I suppose a nice purple tux Gono mini with reused Chicken would be cool. He could be holding flowers or be holding a weight above his head. Maybe even eating a tire. And finally, a great Piggy mini, clothed this time. Or perhaps a groups of rats with Rizzo. Now would make a great follow up series 5!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they did one character set in 2005 and another Wizard of Oz set. Having Oz be in PVC's would let Palisades explore the likenesses without taking up controversial slots in the last year of the line.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Those PVCs look really awesome! :flirt: :sing:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I love those figures. I'll be buying one of each from Series 3 and multiples of Series 4. They just look so amazing, I can't wait to see :halo: :big_grin: & :cool:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they did one character set in 2005 and another Wizard of Oz set. Having Oz be in PVC's would let Palisades explore the likenesses without taking up controversial slots in the last year of the line.
No, I think that would be a bad idea. Who knows how fans will take the movie? With the pvcs no longer at retail they have become pieces for the hardcore fan. If fans do not take kindly to the movie, then that's it for the PVCs. Best to stick with what they are doing now, classic characters in poses that look great and that can not be made using figures.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The last 3 minis are up.

http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Muppets/Tues7_13_04.php

Dr Teeth and Zoot look good. Animal not so much. While the likeness looks good, the pose doesn't go with the others. The others are all playing their instruments, but ANimal is smashing his one drum. He doesn't fit in. He should have had a mini drum set or something. He doesn't seem to fit with the set, though on his own he might have been cool.

beaker

Reaction score
HOLY TAMOLE! Man Ken has made my day...I agree, the Janice looks cooler here. Im just billions time more excited about the minis than the actual 6" line, and I hope everyone will be able to supprot wave 3 so these can come out. But....to think how darn close we came to Lips, Nigel, or Clifford:

"So, we needed someone to fill in that sixth spot in the Electric Mayhem set. And although Nigel, Lips, and Clifford were all considered"

Well, maybe someday.

Luke

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they did one character set in 2005 and another Wizard of Oz set.
I cannot see Palisades getting the plastic licenses for Oz. I'd like them to but seeing as how they and Sababa have not been affected from the sale (so far) it seems more likely (IMO) Disney will concentrate on this movie and produce themed PVC's and Plushies 'in house' for sale through their stores. Unless Palisades already secured the license beforehand, but they haven't said anything and i think Ken has answered in the negative a few times.

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
While the likeness looks good, the pose doesn't go with the others. The others are all playing their instruments, but ANimal is smashing his one drum. He doesn't fit in.
I agree completely, it's a funky idea as a standalone but as a set it just doesn't fit in like you say.