Minor Muppetz' TMS outline: Danny Devito & Oscar

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I Love trash

Here is a script for the closing number, I Love Trash.

Kermit: and now, for all you grouches out there, here is our closing number.

(curtain raises to reveal a city dump scene, with a dumpster at the end of the eft and a large pile of trash at the other end, which two pigs and beauregard--all dressed as garbagement--pick up trash. gaffer is in the trash pile as well. Bruno is holding oscars can, and oscar is in there)

Oscar: you know, Bruno, that dumpster over there would be a nice place to live, and so would that pile of trash over there, but I am satisfied with the can I live in. Of course, this would make a great vacation spot, because I Love trash! (music begins) "oh I love trash! anything dirty or dingy or dusty, anything ragged or rotten or rusty,... "

Danny Devito: (entering, wearing a garbage mans uniform) "yes, I love trash!"

Oscar: oh, i didn't know this was going to be a duet. ugh...

Danny Devito: (picking up a newspaper) "I have here a sneaker thats tattered and worn, it's all full of holes and the laces are torn."

Beauregard: "...a gift from my mother the day I was born".

Bruno: "I love it because it's trash".

Oscar: shut up, bruno!

(rizzo and two rars carry a newspaper)

Rizzo: "i have here a newspaper thirteen months old".

rat #1: I wrapped fish inside it, it's smelly and old".

rat #2: "but I wouldn't trade it for a big pot of gold".

Rizzo: "I love it because it's trash".

(gaffer pops up from a pile of trash)

Gaffer: (angrily) meow!

(the rats screem and run as gaffer chases them)

(boppity and Luncheon Counter Monster pop their heads out of the dumpster)

Boppity: "i've got a clock that wont work".

Luncheon Counter Monster: "and an old telephone".

Pig #1: "a rotton umbrella".

Pig #2: "a rusty trombone".

Oscar: "And I am delighted to call it my own".

Danny Devito: "I love it because it's trash".

oscar: "well, I love trash, anything dirty or dingy or dusty".

Pig #2: "anything ragged or rotten or rusty".

Beauregard: "yes, I love..."

Danny Devito: "I love.."

Oscar: "IIIIII... Love Traaaasshhh!"

(we see a close-up shot of the main balcony, which is filled with Sesame Street characters: ernie, bert, rosevelt franklin, little bird, grover, fat blue, biff, sully, lefty, deena, pearl, elmo, the count, countess dahling von dahling, herry, two-headed monster, sherlock hemlock, cookie monster, and little jerry & the monotones)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If you want to know who is supposed to perform which character who doesn't have regular performer:

•The penguins in the openign number are performed by Caroll Spinney, Brian Meehl and kathy Mullen. they perform two each. if they speak at the same time, then Jim henson and jerry Nelson dub some voices, and kathy Mullen doesn't perform vocals. Boppity, Droop and Luncheon counter monster are also performed by caroll spinney (boppity), kathy mullen (droop, although jerry nelson dubs the voice if he speaks), and Brian Meehl (luncheon counter monster). the monsters and penguins don't appear together at the same time.
•in the closing number, the nameless rats are performed by brian Meehl (rat #1, with the voice that brian meehl used for elmo) and dave goelz (rat #2, in the voice he used for philo), the pigs are performed by richard hunt (pig #1, sounding like forgetful jones) and brian meehl (pig #2, sounding like brian meehls telly), boppity is performed by Jim henson, and Luncheon Counter Monster is performed by Frank Oz.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
description

here is what a TV Guide description would be like:

"Everybody thinks that guest star Danny Devito is just as mean in person as he is on TV. Oscar the Grouch also guest stars."

And this is how a description on one of the Time-Life DVDs would look:

Danny Devito The star of Taxi is joined by Sesame Streets oscar the grouch, sings about trash, and heckles Fozzie bear.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The script for the closing number is fantastic minor muppetz.
One point though. I just bet Luncheon Counter Monster would have eaten that old telephone he had.:big_grin:

Muppetfity888

Reaction score
Hi there. I was wondering if you do a script form of "Danny Devito & Oscar" and the scripts are U.K. Spot/ Introduction
kermit mentions that since joining the cast, lips hasn't done much, so kermit proudly introduces a trumpet solo by Lips.

U.K. Spot: a trumpet Solo by Lips
Lips briefly introduces himself ("I'm Lips, The trumpet Player!") and performs a rousing trumpet solo. the audience wildly applauds, and Lips says thank you a few times.

U.K. Spot/ Balcony
Statler hopes that the loud trumpet solo effects their hearing so much that they can't hear the rest of the show, and waldorf asks, "what?"

Introduction
kermit introduces Miss Piggy and telly Monster.

Sketch
Miss Piggy and telly play a couple at a fancy resturaunt (where Louis kazager is their waiter, and other resturaunt patrons include Floyd and Janice at one table, Lips and Trumpet Girl at another table, and Annie Sue Pig and The newsman at another table). telly gets stage fright and messes up his lines. Miss Piggy gets angry and karate-chops telly.

Balcony
Statler and waldorf comment that that was the highlight of the show.

can you do those please?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hi there. I was wondering if you do a script form of "Danny Devito & Oscar" and the scripts are U.K. Spot/ Introduction
kermit mentions that since joining the cast, lips hasn't done much, so kermit proudly introduces a trumpet solo by Lips.

U.K. Spot: a trumpet Solo by Lips
Lips briefly introduces himself ("I'm Lips, The trumpet Player!") and performs a rousing trumpet solo. the audience wildly applauds, and Lips says thank you a few times.

U.K. Spot/ Balcony
Statler hopes that the loud trumpet solo effects their hearing so much that they can't hear the rest of the show, and waldorf asks, "what?"

Introduction
kermit introduces Miss Piggy and telly Monster.

Sketch
Miss Piggy and telly play a couple at a fancy resturaunt (where Louis kazager is their waiter, and other resturaunt patrons include Floyd and Janice at one table, Lips and Trumpet Girl at another table, and Annie Sue Pig and The newsman at another table). telly gets stage fright and messes up his lines. Miss Piggy gets angry and karate-chops telly.

Balcony
Statler and waldorf comment that that was the highlight of the show.

can you do those please?
I'm sorry, but though I have scripted other parts, I don't know if I'm up to it. The sketch with Piggy and Telly seems a bit complicated to script, and the others seem a bit redundant to script.