Miss Piggy as Princess Leia

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
And what about the Penguin fan art cloth sculpture I was going to do?? :zany:

Luke, what would you say to me for that?
Erm, most likely "Do you take Paypal ?" :embarrassed:

BTW anything 'puppet' looking like a Henson character sold using the term "Muppet" and the Henson dudes step in. Imagine a visit from Sal's tougher older brother and Pepe's italian cousin 'Don PeePee'. Whatever you made from the auctions you'd spend back on hospital fees !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the card, too!!

Luke said:
Erm, most likely "Do you take Paypal ?"
Okay, then. I just wanted to be sure it wouldn't make too much controversey 'round the Central if I did that, y'know?

I'm going to be VERY careful how I list this thing, making sure that I connect Muppet-Fan so as not to make folks think it's Muppet made, cause it ain't.

Neither am I.

Well, i almost am.

Luke

Reaction score
I thought you were joking - lol - i'm not sure what controversey it would create. If it looks exactly like the puppet design and the term 'Muppet' is used in ANY form I would imagine Henson will end the auction. You'll notice Terry Angus doesn't use the term 'Muppet' or 'Muppet-Like' at all even to advertise an original character. The Muppet puppet designs are all copyrighted so however you sell a 'Mahna Mahna' is illegal - maybe people can get away with cheap action figure customs but Henson usually do act on any kind of clone Muppet. If you are going to sell it, I would do it privately.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. Hmm... I'll have to be more strategic, huh? I'll check out several other items there cause I don't want it to be too controversial--or, I might just decide to put it up for trade with whoever has the BEST trade! Hmm...now THAT might get me several things on video that I don't have!

Yep, it might just come to that.

LeiaPiggy

Reaction score
Well, You are right Cap Backfire, I am normally on Star Wars forums, but have collected, Star Wars, Muppets and Barbie items for a while. Also, it did take me about 20 hours to do 3 (one for me + two others). This also includes computer time for the sticker. As for my hourly worth...you are right there too...that's for my regular job...I couldn't find the hourly rate for toy customizers! You are wrong though about wanting a ton of dough...this is a hobby, NOT a living. I try to sell a few things, so I can buy a few things, on eBay....a break-even so to speak. If no one is interested, I keep it...no big deal. I'm quite surprised at how much bitterness and suspicion flies around in here. This is THE MUPPETS for pete's sake!
p

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'm a customizer myself, and taking 20 hours for 3 is too much IMO. Are you including the time it takes to let the paint dry? Then again, it took me a week to finish my Link custom, and that was just a reapint; yet it took me 30 minutes to make a newly sculpted muppet eggplant. So, I guess there is no telling how long something takes.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
A Mahna-Mahna puppet takes a week. That's while doing comic strips, among other projects.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
Well, y'know, peoples is peoples .... :rolleyes:
I'll tell you what is.
Is big city.
Is many peoples.
Peoples is peoples, okay?
Is many toys!
Is big collectors make customs, okay?

Is time, much time, make t'ings.
Is peoples.