1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Miss Piggy Calender Fan Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ruahnna, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

I need HELP! Actually I need Art.
    Gonzo: Um, Art isn't here right now. Can I help?
    Ru: No! Go away, Gonzo! Sheesh!

The Project: I'm asking any of you out there who are artistic, interested or interested in art to post any pictures you'd like of Miss Piggy for her bikini calendar that I referenced (okay, made up) for my fanfic Kermie's Girl. I just thought it would be a fun project for anyone who's artistically inclined (or who is artistic and inclined). Here are:

The Rules:
    There aren't any
    Any format
    Any medium
    Any talent (gosh--it's sortof like The Muppet Show!)

and,

The Guidelines (which you should feel free to ignore):
    Per the story, Piggy is shooting a bikini calendar not in an exotic locale but in normal, everyday places. Things I've mentioned specifically are: a cafe and/or coffee shop, a grocery store, a dog park (Foo Foo was supposed to be in that one with her), a sidewalk where construction is being done, a bakery, a Court House (specifically the Stanley Mosk Court House* in LA)--but other than that there are absolutely NO RULES. Oh, er, except Kermit is supposed to be "represented" in each picture somehow--a hand on a coffee mug, for example (or a logo on the coffee mug--lol!), a flipper going past with his own shopping cart, flying a kite in the background--what am I, artistic? Figure it out for yourselves!
    The only other thing I want to say--and I do want to say it is this--don't be afraid to show Piggy in all her plump perfection. The art and the vision are yours, but please don't skimp on the real deal--Piggy was a superstar with that body, plain and simple.

*There is a specific story reference (not posted yet) to the picture taken at the Stanley Mosk Court House. You do NOT have to follow it or even know about it, but if you'd like more info, you are welcome to "conversate" with me here at MC!

The Explanation:
    You don't have to read Kermie's Girl to do this, but if you want to see the idea explained in the story, it's here:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/kermies-girl-ushy-gushy-fanfic.24000/page-37

Under Chapter 82: Running the Gamut and a fuller explanation is given in Chapter 83: The Best-Laid Schemes of Frogs and Men

If you don't want to read it, not to worry. I'll still be interested in what you do!

2. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

Not that I say of myself I draw so good, but I'll make one for you. I always love to make drawings for other people.

3. Ruahnna

Oh! Thank you soooo much! I really appreciate it!

4. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------------------------
    The semi-artistic journalist will give it a shot. Intriguing idea...how photo-real do you want it?

-----------------------------------

5. Ruahnna

I want ANYTHING anybody is willing to send. I can sketch for fashion design, but that's about it. Anything I do in Paint is just sad...

6. newsmanfan

-------------------------
    Gathered photo research for a drawing, but it'll take me a few days. Within a week I'll get something to you, Lady Ru, promise! This sounds like an interesting challenge. :news:

Though I know there plenty of others here who can effortlessly kick my skinny yellow butt...in a purely artistic sense of course!
    ------------------------------

7. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

I'm not good at photorealistic, but this is it: (really bad miss piggy drawing, if you don't like it, I'll make another one)
    [​IMG]

newsmanfan likes this.
  8. Ruahnna

Oh--it's gorgeous! I love it! Thank you, Ilovemusic!

I love the little see-through cover up--how like Piggy to have a see-through cover up!

And the oh-so-casual tousled hair is just right!

9. newsmanfan

-------------------------------------
    That is one cute bar babe! I keep getting a beach bar vibe.... :)

----------------------------------

10. Ruahnna

Okay--let me be blunt. I write, I sew and I cook, but I DO NOT draw! (If Piggy's fire hydrant looked like Elmo, my Elmo would look like a fire hydrant.) But fans have a way of making enthusiasm the driving force behind what they want to see. Here are my very amateurish attempts at Piggy calendar art....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cringe to compare anything I've done with anything done by a REAL artist, but I just wanted to share my girl....

newsmanfan likes this.
  11. newsmanfan

Somehow the second one makes me think of iced cake...in a GOOD way!
    :hungry:

12. newsmanfan

--------------------------------
    Here's the semiartistic journalist's entry into the fray:

[​IMG]

13. newsmanfan

14. Ruahnna

Here's another amateur attempt....

[​IMG]

15. newsmanfan

Awww...cute!

16. Ruahnna

Okay--this is kindof a new thing. My DAUGHTER did this one. She's in primary school, but pretty artistic. She saw mine and thought, "I could do that...."

[​IMG]

We're doing these in Microsoft Paint!

newsmanfan likes this.
  17. newsmanfan

--------------------------------------------
    Good for you both! Now -- go get at LEAST PS Elements!

-------------------------------------------

18. Delta Shout

Delta Shout New Member

Miss Piggy in the library:
    [​IMG]
    hopefully that works, if not, someone got an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Done completely in photoshop as an exercise for my tablet skills (I'm still getting used to it) I gave Piggy glasses to give her more of an educated feel as she's in a library with very little clothes, plus I think she looks quite sexy in them.
    She has no mouth in this picture because I really can't get the hang of drawing lips. I tried about 20 different times and I still couldn't get anything that wasn't a complete failure. It seems to work fine without a mouth, so I gave up.

Link to Deviantart just in case http://delta-shout.deviantart.com/art/Miss-Piggy-Calender-Art-251306498

19. Ruahnna

Wow! What a GREAT idea--feeding the brain and the senses at the same time! I think it works without the mouth (don't tell Piggy I said that) because she looks a little like she's demure and reserved. Very nice skin tone! And I love the pumps!

20. Ruahnna

Eek! I just realized that my comments about this pic by Newsie didn't post the other week when the picture went in. But isn't this a GREAT pic by Newmanfan? I like the realistic background, the playful Marilynesqse pose, the big baby blues and the oh-so-touseld hair. (And check out the stars on her little toesies, because we know our girl is a real, no-foolin' movie star!) Sorry my comments didn't make it in earlier--this is a peach of a pic!