1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Mister Rogers' documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" to debut in select theaters June 8, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

From Academy Award-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville (20 Feet from Stardom), "Won’t You Be My Neighbor?" takes an intimate look at America’s favorite neighbor: Mister Fred Rogers.

A portrait of a man whom we all think we know, this emotional and moving film takes us beyond the zip-up cardigans and the land of make-believe, and into the heart of a creative genius who inspired generations of children with compassion and limitless imagination.

ryan19 and Froggy Fool like this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

How can I check to see if a local theater is showing it?

3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

This looks amazing! I'll definitely see this if it comes to my surrounding area!

4. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Well-Known Member

Saw this before Isle of Dogs. It comes out the day after my birthday and I love old PBS shows from my childhood, so I will determinedly see it!

5. MikaelaMuppet

A local theater is showing it after all!

6. MikaelaMuppet

I wonder if that’s why the Mr. Rogers documentary is re-airing on PBS for three days.

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

This looks amazing and I just know i'm gonna cry when I see it.

8. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

If it's playing near you, go see this. You will not be disappointed. For someone my age, Mr. Rogers was every bit as important as Sesame Street.
    (Katzi428 and myself go as far back, before there was PBS, there was NET). The man was incredible. For a Presbyterian minister to make his ministry in television (a medium he sometimes hated for all the garbage disguised as children's programming) was a colossal feat. Until his death (not long after 9/11) he kept struggling with good and evil in the world. Good won out.

9. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Could you explain the part of the message I had embolden?

10. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

he mean 9/11, the terrorist attack that took place on September 11, 2001. :sympathy::rolleyes:

11. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I had never liked the idea of referencing an attack or series of attacks only some numbers and a slash or the idea of doing so only by a calendar date (without the year).

12. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Hm. You can tell the whole US about that.

Froggy Fool and ConsummateVs like this.
  13. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

The more we make a huge deal of the event, the more we realize that the terrorists won.

14. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I had never made a big or huge deal out of any sort of attack.

15. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

16. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

Could you explain this message?

17. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Ok but please talk about the movie

ConsummateVs likes this.
  18. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

In case the author of this message was referencing the movie mentioned here earlier, I would say I would hope to discuss it here if I were to have had the chance to see it in its entirety.

19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Well why don't you?

20. Mario500

Mario500 Active Member

I would only get to chance to see it in its entirety if I were able to do so (note: as of this writing, I am in no position to do so).