Mister Rogers Music on Muppet Central Radio

scarecroe

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't know there were Mister Rogers CDs! I need to own all of these!

And yeah, Mister Rogers and Sesame Street definately go hand in hand. As a child I remember not being able to seperate one from the other. They were on right after one another and I watched them everyday just about.

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
I wanna listen to these songs but i got a little problem. When i first used live 365, i had it set to play in windows media player, and the player broke or something, so for a while i was playing a saved stream in musicmatch jukebox. now when i play it in there, it says please log in or something. and when i try to access the station from live365.com, it says "explorer has caused an error". if anyone could help me, please do.

note: its doing this because i have my live365 window associated with windows media, which is broke

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Click on "listener settings" and change your player to the Live365 player. You shouldn't have any trouble. Let us know how it goes though.

AndyL

Reaction score
Re: The Music of Mister Rogers

We hope that you enjoy these songs. Through his simple-but-poignant lyrics Fred Rogers (and Johnny Costa on piano), had a way of touching our hearts young and old.
Wow, Hearing these songs made me remember watching Mister Rogers far better than all of the television specials and various articles and obituaries did.

Thank you very much.

-Andy

Thijs

Reaction score
Maybe it's time to remove the Mr. Rogers songs from the list now?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now around 8 Fred Rogers songs play each day maximum (that's only 1.1%). Given that about 720 tunes are played daily, this isn't an overwhelming ratio. The Fred Rogers tracks are generally rated very well so people seem to enjoy them. If the ratings on those songs go down, we may reconsider at some point.

However, according to the track ratings we have, it seems that more people would actually like to hear more Fred Rogers than less.

Thijs

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Right now around 8 Fred Rogers songs play each day maximum (that's only 1.1%). Given that about 720 tunes are played daily, this isn't an overwhelming ratio. The Fred Rogers tracks are generally rated very well so people seem to enjoy them. If the ratings on those songs go down, we may reconsider at some point.
So those rating buttons have a purpose? Ok, thanks for the tip :big_grin:

No serious, I really think Muppet Central Radio should only include Muppet-related songs.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I'm noticing that nobody outside North America is appreciating the Fred Rogers rotation, are they? I can't blame them, and it's hard to understand Mister Rogers' impact if you didn't grow up with him. However, I would hate to see him pulled, he was very important to us. To everyone else in the world, Sesame Street was an import (unless there was a local version produced for your country) and I'm guessing Mister Rogers wasn't exported as extensively. He just couldn't have been a nicer man, helping kids deal with feelings and such. I suppose if some other show that ran on one side or another of SS in another country were added to rotation, we'd all be a little confused too.

Just listen to what he's saying. Anyway, Mister Rogers was on Sesame Street a few times, so there's a direct link, anyway. No wait, that won't work either, as I don't want to hear Goo Goo Dolls added to the rotation. :smile:

later
eric

Thijs

Reaction score
Elton John was on the Muppet Show once. Well, put a dozen Elton John songs in the list too. I'm sure they will be rated perfectly.

And please, remove "Big Bird oh Big Bird" too
I hate it:smile: