Mokey Fraggle Appreciation Thread

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm somewhat ticked at the people who are marketing Fraggle Rock these days and their lack of using Mokey. Also, Mokey's the last plush to come out, and that won't be till spring sometime. And she wasn't on the new interviews in season one. No one seems to appreciate her much; at least, not publicly. Well, for those of you who think Mokey's a boring character, let me tell you this...

Mokey, to me, is the second main character, and not just because she comes after Gobo in the theme song. She's very inspirational, very spiritual, and more loving and forgiving than most Fraggles. She has a heart as big as the Rock, and shame on the people who think the other four are more important than she is. Kathryn Mullen has a beautiful gift. There are many more episodes besides that of season 1 that show Mokey as truly gifted among her other Fraggle friends. Some wonderful episodes that feature her are A Brush With Jealousy, The Great Radish Caper, The Incredible Shrinking Mokey, Fraggle Wars, Wonder Mountain, and many others. She's been so much like the female version of Gobo as well. It's sad to see she was cut out of the picture on the Dance Your Cares Away DVD. There was so much that the show could have done with her, too that they never accomplished. Two of my best friends are so much like Mokey, and whenever I see how insightful they are about the wonders of life, it always makes me think of her. If anyone here thinks that Mokey's just as great as Gobo or Red, I'd like to hear what you think... until then, yay for Mokey!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I love Mokey. She's always been my favorite female Muppet (which isn't saying much, of course...) I love her natural demeanor, but it's always a hilarious sight to see her begin to freak out. "Yes, throw the hideous round thing!"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love Mokey! I think she is one of the characters who most exempfies the spirit of Fraggle Rock. She's spiritual and poetic and graceful and wonderful.

And they need to make her plush now. Not Summer 2006.

BEAR

Reaction score
For some odd reason (and you will probably think I am on drugs for saying this) Mokey is sort of like the more soft spoken Rosita of Fraggle Rock. They have a lot in common in their natural warmth and sweet persona.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Mokey was the calm in the storm (and I mean that in a good way) of Fraggle Rock, and a very wonderful character. Please don't think less of me when I say I had a crush on her when I was a little kid. Well, it was between her and Aileen Quinn who played Annie. But if I'd been born a Muppet, Mokey would have won the flip of that coin.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Mokey is one of my favourite Fraggles -- always, has been. I always could relate to her so much better than I could with the other four core Fraggles, because her personality and interests were always so similar to my own. She's poetic, soft-spoken, introverted, insightful, thoughtful... And, for her age, she uses 'big' words when she speaks and expresses herself -- something I was always guilty of when I was young as well.

But, it's true that she doesn't seem to get the recognition that she deserves. But, hopefully, with the new Fraggle Rock movie that's slated to come out soon, that will be remedied to some extent.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Oh my OMG! Mokey is my second favourite Fraggle (next to Boober, of course) and always has been. I just love her facial expressions and her sweet, sweet voice. Actually most of my favourite Fraggle Rock songs are sung by Mokey. And I totally agree that she doesn't get near as much recognition as the other four. So...

From this point on, let it be known that I proclaim Mokey to be THE Fraggle to lead us to salvation! (Kinda like Neo from the Matrix. Know what I'm saying, G? Anyway...) If thou'st ignorist'st'st this fair creature of the purple arms thou shalt be SMITTEN... or uh... SMOTE by the... uh... Fraggle gods on high! I have said it, so let it be so.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm really and truly surprised that Byron hasn't jumped in here! He LOVES Mokey Fraggle.

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have, since childhood, absolutely hated Mokey.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Muppetfreak said:
I'm sorry but I have, since childhood, absolutely hated Mokey.
Out of sheer curiousity, how come? What is it about her that you hate?