Monday Morning Meeting

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
As far as editing goes -- yes, PLEASE do so BEFORE posting. I usually let mine sit a day or two before a re-read and edit then. It does tend to stop the grammatical errors which a spellcheck won't notice. But that's the only quibble I have with these two segments. Gonzo being snarky -- and the marshmallow joke -- were priceless. Love the cautious tone Kermit is taking with Piggy. Love the mythology of the "Round" Table. And the conversation about restraining orders is absolutely hilarious.

A fine foray, finally underway!
----------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Better, I think. Although you mean "alluded," not "eluded." (Been that, done there myself.)
Keep going, Chica.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Better, I think. Although you mean "alluded," not "eluded." (Been that, done there myself.)
Keep going, Chica.
Ugh, stupid Word. :rolleyes: I so changed that. Have written a bit more and will either post later tonight or tomorrow. Happy Easter to everyone who will be celebrating tomorrow! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay... Once again, I find the Facebookizing of the forums annoying. Yes, I'm signed up to receive notifications of new posts in this thread. And once I don't check back in after a certain post... Guess what happens? Yep, I stop receiving those notifications, so I have to log back into the thread and find the last post I read. :grouchy:

Very much liked the last segment with the banter over deciding whether to pursue a weekly TV show or the movie. Would advise you check your spelling though. And yes, after the option to edit your own posts has elapsed, the only way to get a past post corrected is to ask a moderator to do so for you.
Hope this helps and have a happy Easter.
*Waits for others to update their own stories, glares at :news: and :mad:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi!
Hope you had a Happy Easter.:smile:
This story is wonderful so far so when you get a chance,keep going.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Hi!
Hope you had a Happy Easter.:smile:
This story is wonderful so far so when you get a chance,keep going.
I did! :smile: My roommate and her daughter were gone all weekend and left me the car. I'm usually happy when they leave...:oops: That sounds horrible, but it's true.

Anyway, it just so happens that I opened up this fic and said, "Self! The MC forums are counting on you to finish this so you can move on to the other stuff you have planned." And then I said, "You know what? You're right; however, if I might offer this rebuttal?"

"What?"

"What if...this is just what if...we were to start maybe one of those stories while this is still going?"

"Okay, first, that's a bad idea. In fact, that's the reason why we have like...seven fandoms under us now."

"No, that's cause the mind wanders and when it comes back it gets ideas."

"And second, that's the reason why we have unfinished stuff in said fandoms."

"Yes, okay, that's true, however they do get finished. Eventually."

:skeptical: Yes, I sometimes do carry on conversations like this with myself. Sometimes the other me wins.

Right. Movin' right along - I am gonna work on this tonight. Right now actually. Yes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's okay to have conversations with yourself. That other fabulously fickle fanfic poster TogetherAgain has three minds to contend with, along with a prawncracker half and a Layla third. Don't ask, the mathematics are fuzzy and sketchy at best.
:insatiable: Why not have it be fuzzy and blue instead?
:super: And orange!

And then there's me... Practically grew up all me life talking to meself, carrying on conversations and self-explanations throughout me growing adding fandoms.
:batty: When you're me, you're allowed a few eccentricities. Or something like that, it's been too long since we stepped out of Half-Blood Prince's movie version.

Anyway... Post more when possible please.
*Tries to find inspiration for further souls to add to the monster roster's gathering. :scary:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So sorry for the lateness. I hate when stuff happens or I just don't get in the mood and then I realize, "hey, I started something that I should probably finish and stuff."

So here is some more of the Monday Morning Meeting, which is also drawing to a close in hopefully the next two posts. Now, the idea of having a sequel to this has been rattling around in my head for a bit, which I actually hadn't intended, but...we'll see. In any case, here's some laughter before things get big and heavy, h'okay?

This time Kermit did manage to roll his eyes heavenward. “Cut it down to three bags,” he began. “Then we’ll talk.”

“Just three?” Gonzo whined. That was really cutting into his act, especially if he had any hopes of reusing those marshmallows. “Aw, c’mon Kermit…”

“I’ll even let you use large marshmallows.”

“As tempting as that is,” the weirdo grumbled. Managing a huff worthy of his porcine co-star, Gonzo said, “Fine.”

“Hey Gonzo,” Fozzie suggested, nudging him in the arm. “Why don’t you use mini marshmallows? That way you get more marshmallows for a small number of bags.”

“Hey, that’s a great idea!” Gonzo exclaimed. “Fozzie, you’re a genius!”

“Doesn’t take much,” muttered Piggy.

“Be nice,” Kermit chastised, though there wasn’t any anger to it. They were all used to the friendly banter and insults that were thrown at each other. Looking down the table at the musicians, Kermit asked, “Rowlf? Dr. Teeth? Anything you guys needs?”

“We could use a piano tuner,” Rowlf replied. “Crazy Harry pulled one of his pranks on Animal last week and blew up his drum set. The symbols ended up hitting the back of the piano, not to mention any other damage that explosion may have caused.”

“Good thing we have a budget,” Scooter muttered. The combination of certain Muppets usually spelled more financial trouble than anything else.

“To add to my furry companion’s woes,” the gold tooth singer added. “It would do the Electric Mayhem – for which I is a member – a bit of electric good if you could replace the aforementioned set with something a little less prone to dynamite. And I mean that in the literal and not the musical sense.”

“We could probably do that,” Kermit replied, turning to look at his assistant. “Scooter?”

“No probs, Chief,” the red haired said. “I could probably get a tuner in tomorrow and then get Floyd to take Animal over to Drums R Us later today.”

“Oh good,” Kermit nodded, turning his attention to the starlet that sat on his right. “And I assume you have your weekly demands etched on a lengthy scroll?”

There was something to be said about a romance that was based in friendship. While Piggy held no qualms in showing her interest in her green director and co-star, Kermit was a bit more reserved and hesitant when it came to his side of the relationship.

It wasn’t that he didn’t find Piggy attractive or alluring – because quite frankly, he did find her to be all those things, as well as assertive and antagonistic – he just didn’t think it could work between them, being co-workers and in many cases, employer and employee. Love however, like his leading starlet, had no issues in placing itself wherever, whenever, and with whomever it pleased.

The relationship between Kermit and Piggy was expressive and explosive in every way, whether they were in agreement or disagreement, but underneath it all was a deep seeded friendship that was sometimes deeper than the one Kermit held with the others.

This of course allowed them to play off each other, as well as joke and tease each other. It was no secret that much of the budget usually went to whatever segment that Piggy felt she needed to be in, as well as the outfits that she needed to be in order to do the segment that she would need to be in.

That was the reason why Piggy’s needs were always addressed last, as she usually had a great number of…suggestions that would need more than the allotted time to go over.

Noting the humor in her frog’s voice, Piggy herself chuckled, all the while handing over a list that was rolled tightly in a scroll. “As the star,” she stated. “Vous are quite aware of the effort and planning that must go into one of Moi’s performances. I assumed you would know that by now.”

“You assume much,” Kermit replied, as he began to unroll the list and skim through some of the items on it. “Like that you’ll have a number in the first show.”

“You know what assuming gets you,” Rowlf pointed out.

“Yes,” Kermit said, throwing a look to his right. “Fake wedding announcements and real ministers.”

“And real ceremonies,” Scooter threw in.

“The ceremonies were really nice,” Fozzie added, thinking of the detail that went into one of those. He had really enjoyed the cake at that last one…

Kermit scrunched his face in a sign of annoyance. “Sheesh,” he muttered. “Don’t you all have something to do?”

“Not particularly,” Scooter said, grinning happily. Above everyone else, Scooter had been a part of more schemes to get that frog married to that pig than even Kermit was aware of. The grin didn’t diminish, even with a froggy look of contempt aimed his way. “Oh, well,” he amended. “I guess we could go out and do what we need to.”

“That would be good,” Kermit retorted.

“No worries, Boss,” the go-fer replied. “I’ll even notify everyone about the upcoming show and I’ll even take care of the schedule.”

“Kermie would be lost without you, Scooter.”

“I know that,” the go-fer boasted.

“Kermie is still…” A slight growl emanated from the corner of the downturned mouth; he wasn’t even sure how he had walked into that one, but it cost him. Now Gonzo and Rowlf were making these annoying whipping noises under their breath…”Will you all get out of here!?”

It wasn’t a full blown tantrum – the ones that caused people to flee, that brought about plague and pestilence, and other horrible disasters should they be ignored – just one that any friend had when their other friends ragged on them; in this case, it was just a group of guys teasing their friend about his relationship.

The others dutifully left, the sounds of chuckling and continued ribbing still echoing in their wake, taking their leave of their director and diva. “I blame you for this.”

Piggy turned her blue eyes in surprise at the frog, however they were also clearly full of amusement, more so than the actual surprise at being accused of something. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Applauds the aliterative exposition in this segment. *Approves of the planning for the next episode of the Muppet Show within this particular fan's universe.
*Leaves contentedly. :flirt:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
An interesting take on the frog/pig relationship, and I can see the guys annoying the snot out of Kermit just for the heck of it, especially when it concerns his weakness for Miss Piggy.

Two things: proper usage is "had no qualms," not "held no qualms"
The term is "deep-seated," not deep-seeded," although the words probably had a common origin.
Don't mind me--I like word origins stuff (etymology) and like to watch others' word usage because it interests me.