Monologues

Kye

Reaction score
Nate, i just scrolled up to see what you were talking about... I didnt mean to say that that monlougue was from greater tuna... i agree, its a great show... the amazingly over done tuna fish monologues, 1 man , 1 woman arefrom Laughing Wild. Maybe we ahould start a new "muppet Central Theatre" where we place muppets in the leads of famous plays and see what happens, very simular to the role play foz is doing. could you imagine gonzo as Richard the 3rd..?:smile:

radionate

Reaction score
On the old boards, and I think here too, there were threads where everyone re-cast musicals and plays with the Muppets. It was a lot of fun. I've always felt that Guys and Dolls or Kiss Me Kate would be great for the Muppets!

I wasn't sure if you were confusing the Tuna Fish monologue with Greater Tuna or not. It was kinda unclear, so I'd thought I'd point out they were/are two different things. Greater Tuna, when done right, is one of the funniest shows ever. I had the pleasure of doing it in 2001, and I don't think I'll ever be in such an amazing show for a long long time. 15 second costume changes are not one of my favorite things. Especially when it involves putting on fake boobies and a dress!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Ooh, this thread is very useful for me! I'm actually going to be trying out for a musical for a theatre group up around my cottage. Which is crazy for me, as I quit acting and drama about... 2 years ago, but I need the money.

Besides, if I get into this play it'll most likely be because of my connections, really (always good to make a bunch of connections). But I'll assume some talent is necessary (hey, I did do drama from the age of 7 to 18 as well as vocal training)

I think I might look into that "Greater Tuna" play... that sounds like it'd probably be fun. Thanks for the suggestion, Nate!

Also, as they're planning on doing a musical, I'll need... well something to sing. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good lower voiced female song (no soprano!)? If so that'd be super and you'd be super too!

Super!

^_^ Debo

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate

I don't think I'll ever be in such an amazing show for a long long time. 15 second costume changes are not one of my favorite things. Especially when it involves putting on fake boobies and a dress!
I've heard you looked stunning in fake boobies!:wink:

radionate

Reaction score
I looked scary! Doing drag is only fun 1 or 2 nights a year, when you have time to carefully put on everything and not throw in on in a mad dash.

There's pictures on my yahoo profile of the show. (not many good ones, but they are there). The best part was the set. They copied the original set from the show, and did it in the shape of the alamo. We also got an antique radio, striped it of its guts, and wired it with new speakers and lights (if you are familar with the show, you know how pivital the radio is).