Monsters Inc. on Video an' DVD!!!!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Where did you get the idea that the "Best Animated Feature" award was strictly for GCI animation only?

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Hey DrTooth,

Veggie Tales has it's first feature length film opening at theatres tomorrow. I'd invite you to go with me, but I don't know how to get to St Canard from here.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I think the best animation movies will be: Spirit,Lilo and Stitch(which I think will win),and possibly Ice Age.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Don't forget there's a highly marketable Holiday season for animated movies including Disney's "Treasure Island," Adam Sandler's "8 Crazy Nights," the sort-of recently released "Spirited Away," the already-mentioned "Jonah...," and the extremely highly anticipated "The Wild Thornberrys Movie."

Looking at that, though, unless a miracle occurs with "Treasure Island" and if anyone in the academy actually sees "Spirited Away" it's doubtful anything on that list will be considered for an Oscar nom.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crazy Harry: They were CGI baised last year, because they only picked three movies that were cgi animated. Of course I don't relly think that the regular ones were so memorable. Though I loved the visuals (and Vinny) in Atlantis.

Captain C: I really wasn't in to vegitailes to begin with, but I heard the Pirates who Don't do anything song, now I'm curious. Too bad I have no money to see any movies.

Beaker: About that last one, I'd rather see Spirited away, anyway. However, Ice Age was Pretty Good in my opinion. Pretty Funny and I like Ray Romano. But it couldn't measure up to Shrek and Monsters INC. And would SPirited be considered a foriegn film?

Kansasteen: I'm not sure about the first one. Spirit didn't get many good reviews, and it didn't do too well. I never got to see it.

GWGUMBY: I'm pretty Sure a movie with Adam Sandler and The Wildthornberrys will never be nominated for an Oscar, though in my opinion, it's about darn time they have a Channukka Movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
What's Channukka?
Sorry! I'm not Jewish. I cannot spell that holiday. 'Fact I can't spell much either. Plus, there are so many was to spell it.

Let's just say that it's about darn time we have a movie about a Jewish holiday in which you light candles signifying the sruggle and the miracle of the oil lasting for 8 days and nights.

Unless I spelt anything else wrong, that should some it up!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Crazy Harry: They were CGI baised last year, because they only picked three movies that were cgi animated. Of course I don't relly think that the regular ones were so memorable. Though I loved the visuals (and Vinny) in Atlantis.
how could you NOT like Vinny? it was Father Guido! that was the whole reason i watched the movie to begin with, and while i really did like it, i still sat there laughing that Father Guido was doing a Disney movie...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Ah yes, Father Guido with dynamite, how could you ask for a better character?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
how could you NOT like Vinny? it was Father Guido! that was the whole reason i watched the movie to begin with, and while i really did like it, i still sat there laughing that Father Guido was doing a Disney movie...
That's why I loved it so much! I got the Vinny talking car at home.