1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

More and More Fake Muppets For Sale

Discussion in 'Puppets For Sale' started by Was Once Ernie, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Yikes! The guy must be trying to cash in on Christmas. I'm sure these would make great presents... if you were rich enough to give them!

Elmo

The Count

Beaker

Personally, I'm holding out for Janice. :flirt:

:p
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That Count puppet is pretty darn good! Elmo needs to quit telling those lies, and Beaker shouldn't have gotten a haircut!
  3. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Dude who makes these is just begging to have the Disney lawyers all over him.

Nice puppets though. :)
  4. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

That Count is AMAZING! :excited:
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

the count is great
  6. furryfriends

furryfriends New Member

do you think that beakers head can go down to his nose
  7. Pino

Pino Member

Sesame street isn't owned by Disney.... But they can get in trouble with SesameWorkshop!
  8. Buck-Beaver

True, although Beaker isn't from Sesame.
  9. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

Regardless of the ownership of the two properties, hes asking for problems from both disney and sesame workshop
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

Elmo knows where youlive
  11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

My thoughts exactly. When I see stuff like this, I really have to wonder if eBay actually enforces its "prohibited items" policy. :smirk:
  12. Buck-Beaver

They do, although they're not always on top of it. Most of these get taken down before they close or they never get their minimum price. I think a lot of these get sold privately to collectors. When I was building puppets I'd get approached a minimum of 2 or 3 times a month by people who wanted high quality Muppet replicas.
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

what do you think he wants for them? buck
  14. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

I still get those request , most are pretty understanding when i say i dont do replicas, other get down right nasty , acting as though im depriving thier children(or more likely themselves) of something that they dont really need.

and then when i tell them how much they would cost , they get really irrate thinking that they should only cost 50 dollars or something ,

some people really make me sick :grouchy:

my two cents, to sit on a shelf and turn to toast , or make silly little puppet films to ammuse their friends, or just for collector bragging rights,
  15. Buck-Beaver

The BBC has an interesting article about problems with enforcement and ebay, most of it deals with fraud and users' accounts being hijacked, but it also mentions that it can take up to five days to get auctions of bootleg/unauthorized items removed - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4533154.stm
  16. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Awesome work! Great stuff!