More and More Fake Muppets For Sale

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Dude who makes these is just begging to have the Disney lawyers all over him.
My thoughts exactly. When I see stuff like this, I really have to wonder if eBay actually enforces its "prohibited items" policy. :smirk:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They do, although they're not always on top of it. Most of these get taken down before they close or they never get their minimum price. I think a lot of these get sold privately to collectors. When I was building puppets I'd get approached a minimum of 2 or 3 times a month by people who wanted high quality Muppet replicas.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
They do, although they're not always on top of it. Most of these get taken down before they close or they never get their minimum price. I think a lot of these get sold privately to collectors. When I was building puppets I'd get approached a minimum of 2 or 3 times a month by people who wanted high quality Muppet replicas.
I still get those request , most are pretty understanding when i say i dont do replicas, other get down right nasty , acting as though im depriving thier children(or more likely themselves) of something that they dont really need.

and then when i tell them how much they would cost , they get really irrate thinking that they should only cost 50 dollars or something ,

some people really make me sick :grouchy:

Kimp the Shrimp said:
what do you think he wants for them? buck
my two cents, to sit on a shelf and turn to toast , or make silly little puppet films to ammuse their friends, or just for collector bragging rights,

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The BBC has an interesting article about problems with enforcement and ebay, most of it deals with fraud and users' accounts being hijacked, but it also mentions that it can take up to five days to get auctions of bootleg/unauthorized items removed - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4533154.stm