Most disappointing episode of The Muppet Show

peyjenk

Reaction score
A weird question, to be sure, but what episode of TMS were you most disappointed in?

For me, it was the Madeline Kahn episode. I love her, and I love TMS, but I feel that she just never gets the chance to shine. Other than a rather mundane backstage plot, she only gets to perform twice: the feet song and the sunny day sketch. The song is weird and (I think) doesn't really display her talent, and while the sunny day sketch is charming, it just isn't enough. I try to enjoy the episode as it is, but I keep seeing missed opportunities.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Can we do Muppets Tonight too? Because, um, Martin Short. Yeah.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Can we do Muppets Tonight too? Because, um, Martin Short. Yeah.
aww I liked that one! lol
But going with the whole Martin thing I'd have to say the worst episode of the old muppet show is the Steve Martin episode.:sleep:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sorry, I loved the Steve Martin episode. True, Steve isn't used much, but I liked all the Muppet sketches. Plus you got to hear the real laughter of the Muppet performers.

However, the question was what episode were YOU disapointed in, so everyone's got their opinion. :smile:

I don't think I have one yet, but I will say that Petula Clark was barely in her episode.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah. Remember folks. To each his or her own.

Well for me I think I found the Juliet Prouse episode on my season one set to be most disappointing.

Mind you I don't hate the episode, I'm only disappointed with it.

Reason is that Juliet Prouse doesn't really seem to have a very strong presence in her episode. She seems to hardly be in the whole thing at all by comparison with the rest of the first season guests.

Well since that's episode 1 at least I can say they did get better. :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
aww I liked that one! lol
I love Martin Short, and I actually feel like he did a good job... but none of the sketches felt... right to me. I dunno. I especially disliked the Flipper bit.

Although, I can't say it was a total letdown. I mean, Mama Fiama! Come on!

David French

Reaction score
Yeah. Remember folks. To each his or her own.

Well for me I think I found the Juliet Prouse episode on my season one set to be most disappointing.

Mind you I don't hate the episode, I'm only disappointed with it.

Reason is that Juliet Prouse doesn't really seem to have a very strong presence in her episode. She seems to hardly be in the whole thing at all by comparison with the rest of the first season guests.

Well since that's episode 1 at least I can say they did get better. :smile:
The Season One episodes are set out *more* like a typical comedy-variety series a la Ed Sullivan, whereas from Season Two onwards the guests began to take a more active part in the backstage mayhem. Not sure who we can thank for that - Jerry Juhl maybe?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Now I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of TMS, and grew up with it, but...

I was never disappointed in any episode. I've seen and loved all 120 shows. Were some stronger than the others? Of course. But in my own personal opinion, I was never disappointed by a show.

I loved the Juliet Prowse episode, not only for "Manah Manah" but for the cowboy sketch, which is one of my all-time favorites.

"Will ya stop with the vegetables?!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I agree. So far that's the only episode that wasn't as good as I expected. There could be others that I know about that will end up not being as good as I expect.