1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harleena, Nov 6, 2014.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

You know, random note, but regarding the term ""SJW", I feel like honestly anybody can pretty much be one, and yes, this includes those conservative who think they're all that.

To me, it all comes down to just shoving your opinions in everyone's faces and then playing the victim when someone disagrees with them (that's just how life works sometimes).

But anyway, another subject for another day. I can see where you're coming from with SpongeBob. Back when it was actually funny.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Delayed reaction. Yeah, that's me. I don't always use the moniker "Erin T. Aardvark."

3. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I'm sick and tired of those VHS tape commercials videos where they take random trailers and combine them into one huge makeshift VHS tape intro. Yeah, I just don't understand why those people are obsessed with an outdated art form. I grew up with VHS tapes too, but I don't think those videos are the least bit clever or entertaining.

muppetgem likes this.
  4. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Yeah, especially those ones where they put like 50 trailers before the video, making the previews as long as (or longer than) the actual video. What is the deal with that???

5. Flaky Pudding

I didn't know people made ones that are extremely long like that. I guess I can kind of understand the appeal of doing a video with like 4 or 5 trailers, but that's a bit much.

6. Flaky Pudding

Another YouTube trend that gets on my nerves:10 hour videos. Why would people waste their time to upload a video of something looping for 10 hours? I can only imagine how long that would take to upload! Those videos are a waste of time and bandwidth. Being someone who experienced slow Internet for the majority of his life until recently, I consider those videos to be extremely wasteful almost as if people are abusing their powers of having unlimited Internet usage. In a world where not everyone gets unlimited data, that's like throwing away perfectly good food for no reason.

7. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I think it's just supposed to be a silly challenge to see how long you can survive watching the video. Sorta like those "try not to laugh" videos (which were, in my opinion, much harder and funnier back in the earlier days of YouTube).

8. Flaky Pudding

That doesn't seem very enjoyable in my opinion. Watching something looping over and over again for 10 hours isn't a challenge, it's a way to torture somebody.

9. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

I mean, I watched a three hour video once - not all at once but y'know.

But wait, does this mean you dislike movies too?

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't get the 10 hour videos, and in fact, I used to be concerned that it was a blatant example of people abusing YouTube allowing for accounts to be eligible for uploads longer than the 15-minute time limit, which would then ruin it for everybody, then we'd all be back in the time limit . . . I mean heck, we can't add links to comments anymore - even to other videos.

Now, there's a pretty cool 8 hour channel, and it's 8 hours because their videos are specific for people to use for white noise while they sleep; I don't use their videos for that purpose (I have a fan for that), however I sometimes will watch their videos because of the passage of time in some of them:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/8HoursOf

(Gamers in particular will appreciate their channel)

Getting back to the topic at hand, I'm really put out with the Arthur fandom because it's pretty much just full of pedophilic trolls. Both fanfiction.net and deviantART have particularly infamous trolls of the fandom: in FFN's case, said troll keeps writing about the (underaged) characters being castrated, or their genitals rotting off, or going to gay bathhouses; in dA's, as Drtooth has mentioned before, one artist keeps drawing the characters in diapers and giving them nipples that look like Hershey Kisses. Very bothersome.

11. 1000 Eyes

D'Snowth! There are kids here! Watch your language!

12. D'Snowth

Excuse me, I'm sorry.

Arfer fandom be full of weirdoes who write about weenies falling off and draw diadie-whities.

muppetgem likes this.
  13. 1000 Eyes

I think you just made it worse.

14. D'Snowth

Alright, then how would you have put it?

15. 1000 Eyes

"The Arthur fandom is just... weird."

16. D'Snowth

That's incredibly vague though.

17. 1000 Eyes

But think of the children!

18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

You see Snowth, that's all you could've said, that's the Arthur fandom's motto:
    "Think of the children ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)".

1000 Eyes likes this.
  19. Flaky Pudding

Apparently, Teletubbies has a fandom. I guess everything out there appeals to at least a handful of adult viewers. Whether the fandom is big or not I don't know because I really don't want to look that one up and find Teletubby hentai. I think it'd be best for me to not research this one to keep my eyes from seeing disturbing imagery. You know what they say,
    "And not knowing is half the battle!". Okay, nobody says that. But still.

20. Flaky Pudding

This isn't really a fandom but those "R.I.P. Headphone Users" videos make no sense to me. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's these videos where they take a song or audio clip and crank it up as loud as possible so when somebody hears it, it will blast their ears off. People do that as a challenge but I just don't understand why. It seems like it could give people a really bad headache or in some cases even seizures. To me personally, it doesn't sound like fun at all. I can understand things like try not to laugh challenges, guess the theme song challenges, and identify the characters challenges. Those things can actually be quite fun and I'll admit that I've even taken those challenges before just for the heck of it. But giving yourself a migrane from listening to a ridiculously loud sound just doesn't sound exciting at all but rather painful and unappealing in every way.

muppetgem likes this.