Most Obnoxious Fandoms

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
The Steven Universe fandom isn't a rose garden, either. I like Steven Universe, but I don't do much with it, due to the fact that I'm afraid of the bat-guano insane fans. I'm not sure exactly how bad the fandom is, and I don't want to find out. The worst I've heard was the fans bullying someone to the point of suicide.
SU is a great show if you ignore the obnoxious SJW fandom. Don't let them ruin your experience with the show. You can like something without being in the fandom, you know.

But yeah, that Zamii (sorry if I spelled wrong) incident? Yeesh. Talk about disgusting and immature. It's pretty ironic that, for a show that's all about love and acceptance, the fandom can be so hateful and whiny at times. Even though I absolutely adore SU, I try to stay away from the fandom as much as possible. The rabid fans make sane fans like me look bad.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the same old tired "SJWs ruin everything" argument, like the same old tired, "Liberals are buncha snowflakes" routine.
Yeah, I hate it when people are like "BAWWW I H8 STEEVAN YOONEVERS BCOS THE FANDUM SUX!!!1!1! ONLEE ESS JAY DUBAYOOS LEIK DAT SHEW!!!1!!2!1!1!!" For crying out loud, simply liking Steven Universe does not make you an SJW! The fandom just happens to be filled with SJWs because of the show's LGBT themes (plus it's the first Cartoon Network show to be created by a woman, and it's creator is openly bisexual), but not all fans are like that!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Oh yes, Social Justice Warriors. I swear, there are times when they make me feel bad just because I'm straight. I've never dealt with them personally, but there are things they have said and done that make me feel that way.

It's amazing how many people preach about love and tolerance when they don't even practice it themselves.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just had a very unpleasant encounter with a Trekkie. They invented the concept of obnoxious fandom.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The Walking Dead fanbase.

Don't even get me started with them. Seriously, their Facebook page is literally FLOODED with people who only like the page just to complain about the pacing and character development blah blah blah. It's like, why are you wasting your time just to complain about something?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
You want obnoxious fandom? Go on Twitter and sniff out the 'Thomas Fan Community'. Bulls***. It's not a community. People have committed suicide over fricking toy trains. Not making this up. It's bad.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
You want obnoxious fandom? Go on Twitter and sniff out the 'Thomas Fan Community'. Bulls***. It's not a community. People have committed suicide over fricking toy trains. Not making this up. It's bad.
WTH?!?!? :eek:

I was already aware that the Thomas fandom is a bit... *hand waving motions* different (you are awesome if you get this reference), but THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
WTH?!?!? :eek:

I was already aware that the Thomas fandom is a bit... *hand waving motions* different (you are awesome if you get this reference), but THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
I mean, some people are cool, but there's a lot who aren't.