Most Touching Muppet Moments

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
Obviously the saddest moment for me was hearing about Jim Henson's death on the TV news back in 1990 - I was 11 years old at the time and had followed his every TV appearance, he was my childhood hero. I also went to the big Henson exhibition they had at the Museum of Moving Image in London that year which was quite an emotional experience. I also remember that Christmas they showed the Muppets Take Manhatten on terrestrial tv for the first time in the UK, and when the song 'Saying Goodbye' came on I felt very sad. A great loss to the world of entertainment.

Gonz21

Reaction score
"I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus" is one of the more moving moments.

Another moment I love, which I guess you can't exactly consider a Muppet moment, was Steve Whitmire talking about taking over Kermit at Muppets Live. I know it's not a muppet talking but it's still really touching. The story starts at 1:56

Puckrox

Reaction score
"I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus" is one of the more moving moments.
Definitely discovered this song for the first time yesterday while listening to the Red And Green Muppet Xmas album.

Definitely cried in public while I listened to it.

Definitely would agree with this.

Another moment I love, which I guess you can't exactly consider a Muppet moment, was Steve Whitmire talking about taking over Kermit at Muppets Live. I know it's not a muppet talking but it's still really touching. The story starts at 1:56

I just rewatched this two nights ago, and I'd agree. Watching Steve talk about his experience of taking over Kermit and trying to embody Jim's Kermit, yeah, also very touching. I also love this for Steve's first story. It's not super touching, but just the way he describes his first encounter with Jim puts a smile on my face.

Gonz21

Reaction score
Definitely discovered this song for the first time yesterday while listening to the Red And Green Muppet Xmas album.

Definitely cried in public while I listened to it.

Definitely would agree with this.
I don't know if you've ever seen the video of it but it's even more touching than just hearing the song.

I just rewatched this two nights ago, and I'd agree. Watching Steve talk about his experience of taking over Kermit and trying to embody Jim's Kermit, yeah, also very touching. I also love this for Steve's first story. It's not super touching, but just the way he describes his first encounter with Jim puts a smile on my face.
Same here. "Yeah, that would be probably be best"

Puckrox

Reaction score
I don't know if you've ever seen the video of it but it's even more touching than just hearing the song.
I did watch the video yesterday too, and I did cry during it! That's when I learned it was from LTS, which I plan on watching the moment finals week (ie. next week) is over. I'm just going to have a day where I do nothing but watch Muppet Xmas specials/movies. :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I did watch the video yesterday too, and I did cry during it! That's when I learned it was from LTS, which I plan on watching the moment finals week (ie. next week) is over. I'm just going to have a day where I do nothing but watch Muppet Xmas specials/movies. :smile:
I hope you enjoy it! I love that special! It's such a wonderful Muppet show, that shows the same warmth and humor as Muppet Family Christmas! (Bobo's appearence with Nathan Lane is hilarious!)

Puckrox

Reaction score
I hope you enjoy it! I love that special! It's such a wonderful Muppet show, that shows the same warmth and humor as Muppet Family Christmas! (Bobo's appearence with Nathan Lane is hilarious!)
I've heard really positive things on LTS. I've also never seen Very Muppet Christmas or the John Denver special, so I'm excited for those ones as well. I have, however, see Muppet Family Christmas, but I'm still looking forward to watching it again. :big_grin:

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
That one scene where rowlf sings 'what a wonderful world' to that puppy. Ugh i think i died of cuteness overload being a dog lover and all. I can't even count how many times I went 'awe!' During that scene

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That one scene where rowlf sings 'what a wonderful world' to that puppy. Ugh i think i died of cuteness overload being a dog lover and all. I can't even count how many times I went 'awe!' During that scene
Oh yes, you can't go too far wrong with a puppy that cute. :sympathy::flirt:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I really can't chose between these two.

One thing I have noticed though is that they both have Kermit and Gonzo.....I think I just discovered my favourite friendship......

They really should spotlight that friendship more!