Movie Script: Kermit, Prince of Denmark

P

Philo and Gunge

Ryan said:
The videos made like EW were made for co-workers. They wouldn't leak out, unless somebody stole a copy. But you can't possibly expect them (Any of the performers, even back to the early days.) to be sugary sweet all the time. They're normal people. If it's only going to be shown to an adult audience, there's no reason why they shouldn't parody themselves. Also, Sesame and Henson are not the only places to do stuff like this..most animation companys, such as Disney have done films like this too, that were never seen by the public (IE, Tinkerbell and Jiminy Cricket...well..must I say more?)

<<Thats why henson sued "Meet the feebles" they did...didnt they? >>

I believe they did. If they did, it would have been because it was too closely related to Muppets, not because it WAS Muppets. Therefore, comparing that to the Elmo wrap tape doesn't make much sense.
And where did you learn the first thing about that... Tinker Bell and Jiminy thingy?

Yeah, I think they sued Jackson. From what I've seen in pictures (I can't bring myself to watch the movie even though my cousin has the video, but he hates Muppets) they do resemble Muppets heavily.

Kye

Reaction score
I know all about the disney antics...I worked there for 10 years!

But anyway!! I guess we all just need to sit around waiting for our captain Phillip to post some info!!!

P

Philo and Gunge

Kye said:
I know all about the disney antics...I worked there for 10 years!

But anyway!! I guess we all just need to sit around waiting for our captain Phillip to post some info!!!
Really? What did you do there? Do you have any copies of Disney antics?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Ryan said:
You guys have to realize that the Henson company is familiar with this kind of content. Similar stuff was included in their own Wrap Party tapes for Sesame Street (IE Elmo's World: Puberty, A blooper from an episode where Telly uses a cardboard tube as a bong) I highly doubt Henson doesn't approve of it due to it's swearing...
When did this come about and when was it made?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Ryan said:
The videos made like EW were made for co-workers. They wouldn't leak out, unless somebody stole a copy. But you can't possibly expect them (Any of the performers, even back to the early days.) to be sugary sweet all the time. They're normal people. If it's only going to be shown to an adult audience, there's no reason why they shouldn't parody themselves

these parodys are never filmed, they are done live for the crew and cast at a wrap party , they will never be seen by the general public

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Philo and Gunge said:
And where did you learn the first thing about that... Tinker Bell and Jiminy thingy?

Yeah, I think they sued Jackson. From what I've seen in pictures (I can't bring myself to watch the movie even though my cousin has the video, but he hates Muppets) they do resemble Muppets heavily.

they dont look like muppets at all, they are very styelized, and grotesque, not as well built as muppets, they are fun puppets though, but not near the quality of the muppets at all

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
This is all quite interesting. I still find it funny that the Henson or ctw wouldnt like Avenue Q. They arent called muppets, they dont even have the same names, apart from hearing the music I've seen a few pictures of the show and I didnt think they were anything like any muppet puppets. I need to see the show before I make any comments though! Its hard to see when I live over here.

Does anyone know where there is an Avenue Q story outline or script or something online? or even some pics because Its hard to know what the songs are about when you don't know the full story, I've put it together myself from listening to the songs but I really need to see the show!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
This is all quite interesting. I still find it funny that the Henson or ctw wouldnt like Avenue Q. They arent called muppets, they dont even have the same names, apart from hearing the music I've seen a few pictures of the show and I didnt think they were anything like any muppet puppets. I need to see the show before I make any comments though! Its hard to see when I live over here.

Does anyone know where there is an Avenue Q story outline or script or something online? or even some pics because Its hard to know what the songs are about when you don't know the full story, I've put it together myself from listening to the songs but I really need to see the show!
go to avenueq.com

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I've been to that site before but this time theres a message stating that avenue q is in no way authorised or approved by the jim henson company or sesame workshop. No offense intended but why should it have to be approved by them? just because its puppets it doesnt mean they have to have a say does it? There must be something I'm missing and something that really is getting up both companies noses that I can't see! lol