Movie-The Village

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ok,hiya.I just came back from seeing The Village,with my roomie Sean & boy what a waste of time & money.Not going to spoil it for those who want to see it.Just telling you ahead of time,it's one of the worst films.Anyone else at MC going to see it? Let me know what you think.:cool:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Actually, I really liked it. I thought it was very good...it had a lot more human interest than M. Night's other movies. It's totally different from "The Sixth Sense" and "Signs", and that's probably why you didn't like it. You were probably expecting something like one of those movies.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I hope to see it eventually. It's been getting mixed reviews, but is it as unsatisfying as the "Unbreakable" ending and film? I liked the film but the ending didn't feel right.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've been really looking forward to it. The fact that it's a period piece intrigues me, and I love Shyamalan's films. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed...
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Nope,that isn't my reason.I'll post my reasons later in the week,once everyone has had a chance to see it.Like I said,not into naming spoilers,especially when others still want to see it.I didn't enjoy Signs or Unbreakable either,Sixth Sense was ok.I enjoyed certain parts of those movies,not as a whole. I usually watch indie films,foreign and classics(The Godfather,Freaks,Metropolis,Young Frankenstein); all of these,I'm still in awe of. If you want me to email you personally,as to why I disliked The Village,I will.Just my opinions,and I'm sticking to them.If you liked The Village,your entitled to do so too; just like I'm entitled to not.:smirk: I was very disappointed in The Village's ending McFraggle,it just ended.No real finish to it.That's all I'm giving away.

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you there. It needed more at the end--it felt like it should be longer! But I feel it was an overall quality film.

McFraggle

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Nope,that isn't my reason.I'll post my reasons later in the week,once everyone has had a chance to see it.Like I said,not into naming spoilers,especially when others still want to see it.I didn't enjoy Signs or Unbreakable either,Sixth Sense was ok.I enjoyed certain parts of those movies,not as a whole. I usually watch indie films,foreign and classics(The Godfather,Freaks,Metropolis,Young Frankenstein); all of these,I'm still in awe of. If you want me to email you personally,as to why I disliked The Village,I will.Just my opinions,and I'm sticking to them.If you liked The Village,your entitled to do so too; just like I'm entitled to not.:smirk: I was very disappointed in The Village's ending McFraggle,it just ended.No real finish to it.That's all I'm giving away.
I understand. :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Saw it last night and loved it! Sorry you didn't like it! :smile:

Sometimes I prefer an ending like that, that just leaves you a tiny bit hangin. It urks me just enough, but I realize that was the intention, and love it even more!

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I totally agree! Thanks...it's nice to hear somebody else enjoyed it! :halo:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I didn't realize that The Village was rated R. That makes me a bit nervous, particularly since it's a thriller. I don't want to be scared out of my wits... :eek:
Erin