Movies Or Books You've Never Read!

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I've never read any of the Harry Potter books but have seen a couple of the films and they were good and I've been to Warner Brothers studio in London to see sets from the movies and costumes with my school and that was great . But I've seen little bits from Star Trek and I just have no intrest in it really

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm all for allowing characters to grow (or at least develop) over periods of time; I know some people, like Charles Schulz, has never condoned it, and I can kind of see his point, but at the same time, allowing characters to grow and develop keeps them interesting, and make them all the more realistic, because people do grow and change from experiences in their lives.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've never had any interest in the Lord of the Rings series, whether book or movie. I've seen bits and pieces of a couple of the films, but nothing that really got me exciting. A lot of my friends up at school were incredulous that I didn't want to see them, as if I had told them I liked telling kids they were adopted or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I got the same reaction from other kids in school when I said I hated SpongeBob, like if you didn't like SpongeBob, you might as well just do everybody a favor and go live under a rock or something.

As for LOTR, while I haven't read the books, I've seen bits and pieces of both the Peter Jackson films, as well as the Rankin/Bass animated features... in all honesty, those kind of dark fantasies just really don't appeal to me very much (things like Dark Crystal and Labyrinth being the exception), but I do kind of enjoy the music and the songs from the Rankin/Bass flicks.

Bridget

Reaction score
You should give 'em a chance. It's unfair to just judge like that, at least watch a few, (or read a few in HP's case) and see if you like it. I don't like when people are so quick to judge things like that.

(Harry Potter is my favorite series of books that I ever read. You should all give it a read.)
Well... I suppose I could give it a glance. But I doubt I'll ever get into it! Hehe!
Hey does anyone like The Hunger Games? I'm hearing all of these rumours of how awesome it is. I havn't read the books or seen the movies. Is it good?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As for LOTR, while I haven't read the books, I've seen bits and pieces of both the Peter Jackson films, as well as the Rankin/Bass animated features... in all honesty, those kind of dark fantasies just really don't appeal to me very much (things like Dark Crystal and Labyrinth being the exception), but I do kind of enjoy the music and the songs from the Rankin/Bass flicks.
Nothing beats Orcs getting a musical number, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a lot of big movies and shows I haven't seen (or only seen bits and pieces of, like clips in commercials or reviews) that I either hate without seeing (I think it's popular to do so) or have no interest in seeing (I think that's more common with the things I'm talking about here). I haven't seen any Lord of the Rings, Twillight, Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribian, Anime (except for Pokemon, Hamtarro, Ponyo, and maybe a few shows my brother likes but can't remember), The Avengers, High School Musical, or The Hobbit, and I don't really have any interest in seeing any of those, whether I blindly hate them or not (I guess I will see them if a girl makes me...). Of course some of those are very popular to hate.

Of course, there's a lot of movies I have not seen that are popular and well-liked. Some I sort of want to see, some I don't care either way. Some of them are really old movies, like Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, and Citizen Kane. In fact I'd say the movies I've seen from the 1930s and 1940s are quite limited (outside of Disney and Abbott and Costello). There's quite a few film franchises I haven't seen, including: The Halloween films (I tried watching them during a Halloween marathon on AMC, but had trouble concentrating), Friday the Thirteenth, The Never-Ending Story, Nightmare on Elm Street, Superman (I kinda want to watch the first three, not sure about the fourth, and I'd rather not watch Superman Returns unless I've seen the good Superman films), Terminator, X-Men (well I have seen the third one, the one nobody likes), Child's Play, and lots of Dreamworks films. I haven't seen Batman: The Dark Knight or Dark Knight Returns, and am undecided on whether I want to (I didn't really like Batman Begins). I'm also unsure about The Amazing Spider-man, because it's not a sequel to the trilogy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not into anime, but for some reason, I actually did want to see Ponyo, for some reason.

Bridget

Reaction score
I'm not into anime, but for some reason, I actually did want to see Ponyo, for some reason.
I havn't seen Ponyo either! :smile: I don't really know if I want to.. I'm not into Anime!

Bridget

Reaction score
(Some)TV Shows I've Never Seen But Heard Of
-Glee
- Jimmy Neutron
- The Big Bang Theory
- True Blood
- The Walking Dead ( For some reason my parents are really into it now!)

Oh, and I have never seen a Twilight movie or read a Twilight book.