Mr. Hooper death episode

salemfan

Reaction score
I'd like a copy of the episode of Mr. Hooper's death too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
1 of the last episodes i saw with Mr. Hooper was when his brother who was from Chicago visited for the 2nd time and he convinced Mr. Hooper to come for a visit for the weekend and he agreed to it. Telly heard this and thought he was going to Chicago for good. and telly says this to everyone and he later realizes he mis-understood Mr. Hooper he and Big Bird got all upset for nothing. i can't rememeber everyone who was in this segment only 2 i remember was Gordon and Olivia. and when B.B. and Telly told her about this she claimed, i heard something about him retiring but not moving. it's ironic that the writers had her say that. does anyone know if Will Lee had plans to retire from the series prior to his passing?

jobedo

Reaction score
i too would like to get a copy of this show if some one could help me out
thankyou very much
jo

mikebennidict

Reaction score
you know at the time of his passing i wonder what it was like? witch is a silly question because obviously it was a sad time for the show especially since this was the 1st time such a thing happened on the show. sometimes when i think about this i think about the wake and funeral, it be nice to go back in time and he how it all went. it would be nice to see letters sent in to SS by some of the former cast such as 1st Gordon Matt Robinson or people like Judy Collins and Buffy St. Marie who were i guess part time regulars for a period of time. both were pretty much gone by that time. all saying how sorry they were about what had happened.

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i rememeber seeing Hooper getting his high school deploma and remeber when he was going to make a speech and the lady said Harold -ooper. can't rememeber how she mispronouced his name and Big Bird shouted it's Hooper! Hooper! interesing episode.
That's interesting, because about three years ago, a little while after I first saw episode #871, I had a Sesame Street dream where Mr. Hooper received his diploma and gave a speech. :smile: I wonder why that one never made it to Noggin? I would have loved to see it.

salemfan

Reaction score
Did anybody cry after watching the episode about Mr. Hooper's death?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You mean Big Bird actually remembered Mr. Hooper's name in one sketch? Wow! He's smarter than he seems. Anyway, I was very young when he passed away. I guess the only ep I really remember with him was on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" when he gave :frown: back his paper clips and he gave :stick_out_tongue: his rubber duckie. That one's always a classic.

Dantecat

Reaction score
And Don't Forget,Big Bird Always Gets His Name Right During Season 1 And Sometimes Season 2 Maybe!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's funny. I thought Big Bird was 'dumber' in season 1. Well, I guess I wasn't born then, so I wouldn't know. Lol.

I've noticed he usually gets the name right now. Most of the time he says "Hooper's Store" instead of "Looper's Store" or "Blooper's Store" or whatever.