Mr. Men and Little Miss

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... I like it too. Could do without the dance numbers interrupting the middle of the episode though.

Other thoughts.
1 Is Mr. Persnickety really a name change for Mr. Fussy?
2 Glad that they kept Mr. Nervous instead of changing his name to Mr. Jelly like in the last series.
3 Mr. Scatterbrain? It's Little Miss Scatterbrain and Mr. Forgetful. That's the one nitpick I have against the character.
4 Not sure they're handling Mr. Messy correctly, it sort of varies from appearance to appearance.

Other than that I am enjoying the show.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
1 Is Mr. Persnickety really a name change for Mr. Fussy?
2 Glad that they kept Mr. Nervous instead of changing his name to Mr. Jelly like in the last series.
3 Mr. Scatterbrain? It's Little Miss Scatterbrain and Mr. Forgetful. That's the one nitpick I have against the character.
4 Not sure they're handling Mr. Messy correctly, it sort of varies from appearance to appearance.
1. Yeah. I read in a dictionary that "Fussy" and "Persnickety" are exactly the same thing.
2. I think the only reason he was Mr. Jelly in the other ones is due to the fact that that was his UK name.
3. He's actually a genderbend of Little Miss Scatterbrain. The same goes with Mr. Stubborn.
4. :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully? Why do you say that about Mr. Stubborn? And did you see today's episode? There was a Typewriter Guy reference as Mr. Messy came noonie-noonie-nooing down the aisle before sitting down next to Mr. Persnickety. That whole bit was def Bert and Ernie at the Movies inspired. And I have a line to use from this show as a siggy as soon as the MC Awards are over.

BTW: Have you voted yet?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
I say that about Mr. Stubborn due to this: there was never a true Mr. Stubborn ever made in the books, just a Little Miss Stubborn.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... And here I was thinking Mr. Stubborn was a renaming of Mr. Uppity. Is there some place to check out all the original Mr. Men and Little Misses?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Hmmm... And here I was thinking Mr. Stubborn was a renaming of Mr. Uppity. Is there some place to check out all the original Mr. Men and Little Misses?
Yep! This website (http://www.mrmen.net/) is a great website for it. It includes pictures of the original looks, too. Just scroll over them to see the names.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Found out about another Muppet reference! The voice actress for Little Miss Helpful, Chatterbox, and Daredevil for the US version is Katie Leigh (Baby Rowlf's voice actress)! :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I watch this show! It used to come om real early in the morning but I'm glad they gave it a better time slot though. It very well written and funny too!

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh my goodness i am so glad that i found this thread, i had all the mr men and the little miss books .:smile: i wish i could find dvds of the cartoon series that where out then , i had VHS copies of them but they are gone i played them so much that they are gone now :cry: .

I can not wait to watch the new series i am sure that it will be good .

i am going to keep my eyes out for some dvds of the old series and then eyes on cartoon network for the new series i love cartoon network i watch it a lot .