MSTies unite!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Because Johnny's a trouble maker. And a pain. Seriously, did kid want to get killed?

I haven't seen either SASD or Double 007. I'll definitely have to take a look at them.

I also like that Leonard Maltin was at least a good sport about the show (despite the number of jabs the gang threw at him in the "Laserblast" episode), and even showed up in an episode (rare, indeed. MST almost never had non-Best Brains celebrities on board). I know Kevin and Mary Jo both said that Maltin was very kind and professional. For some reason, I always expected Mike to do an impersonation of Maltin at some point.

Lola p

Reaction score
Double 007 is really funny. You ACTUALLY get to see Cambot cry.... Kinda sad, though.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Anybody remember "The Magic Voyage of Sinbad"? I loved the ending with Joel and the fish puppet character. Gypsy was especially funny in that segment. Constantly trying to eat the fish, then dancing with it, then trying to wake it up while Joel was reading the week's letter. And Crow and Tom just can't grasp the fact that it's a puppet.
Crow: It knows what I'm thinking!!

Gypsy: Little guy? Hello? Wake up...

Crow: Wha happen?
Tom: Well, the thing tried to jump me, so I had to kill it.

Lola p

Reaction score
How about the, I think, 3rd host segment from the Black Scorpion, Where Gypsy becomes a scorpion monster? I thought that was funny.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
This flick, made by the same guy who did the Thumbelina segments in Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, is just begging for some riffing.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm now onto "Angels' Revenge". So far, this looks like a pretty dumb movie. Acting is bad, characters are bland, the story's typical of 70's cheesyness, and I keep feeling sorry for all of the guys (Jack Palence, Arthur Godfrey, Alan Hale Jr., Peter Lawford, Jim Buackus, Pat Buttram, etc.) who, unfortunately, were considered 'has-beens' by this point.

And I swear that guard with the moustache during Jim Backus' first season looks a lot like Oliver Hardy. Obviously, Best Brains thought so too.

Anyway, the riffing is fantastic in this one. Though I'll admit, a lot of the host segments don't really seem to go anywhere. I wonder if the gang were too busy preparing for the movie to worry about the host segments.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just finished "Angels' Revenge". I don't think it serves any purpose other than to entertain teenage boys of the 70s, and be a stereotypical feminist flick of the 70s. What exactly is the moral of this story? That all men are idiots? I'm kind of offended...

In all seriousness, I really didn't like this movie. There's nothing that really sticks out, not even bringing in older celebrities. I just feel sorry for those guys. They were sadly no longer in favor, and had to make do with garbage like this.

The story is pretty dumb. A bunch of young chicks shutting down a drug operation while wearing bright white clothes in the middle of the day, and somehow having access to explosives? Can you say 'ridiculous'? And I'm confused about the ending. Did that annoying tag-a-long high schooler die?

The attempts at comedy aren 't much better. Again, I just can't help feeling sorry for Backus ant Buttram. Are we supposed to laugh at their scenes? Same goes for that scene at the beach. Neither scene is particularly funny.

This evidently was during a period where Best Brains was busy working on the MST3K movie, as the credits list a handful of contributing writers (one of whom is Bill Corbett) for this episode. Though again, not a lot of work seemed to go into the host segments. Still, the riffing is perfect! And evidently, somebody had the Muppets on their mind, as we get not one, but two Muppet references (though Muppet wiki only lists one).

During the climax, a bearded man (who looks oddly familiar) shows up. Servo sees him and blurts out, "Jim Henson!", to which Crow replies (in a Kermit voice), "Hi, ho!"

During the last host segment, Tom demonstrates his Shame-o-Meter. Tom says that it's pronounced "shah mah mutter", to which Crow replies, "Shah mah mutter. doo doo doo doo doo!"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Onto the next one, which I accidentally skipped over, The Amazing Collosal Man. I'm starting off with the MST Hour intros. Man, Mike sounds sick in this one. Poor guy. But he's a trooper, and I really respect that. That would also explain why, in the first credit roll, the camera stays on a shot of the photographs in the background rather than footage of sillouette Mike goofing off. Wise choice, as I doubt Mike would have been up for any physical comedy.

Lola p

Reaction score
My goodness, Watching the New Moon Rifftrax intro, And I'm Laughing at the opening comments:

Mike: It seems since Twilight that Bill and Kevin have gotten vampire like powers, right Bill?

Bill: Right Mike, I have found feasting on the blood of many has-

Mike: Wait, WHAT?!

Bill: Lets not linger on the past, Mike....

Kevin: He ALWAYS does this, Mike!

Bill: He does!

Am I the only one who could see this as a host segment 0n the show? XD