MSTies unite!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
On Thanksgiving, Joel returned to host a brand new MST3K Turkey Day marathon to honor the show's 25th anniversary. Here are the new intro Joel did, if anyone missed out. Nice to see Joel threw in some Mike episodes, including some from the Sci-Fi era.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And don't forget, the Rifftrax crew will be presenting a new live show later this week or next where they'll revisit Santa Claus vs. The Martians.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sets up the MST3K-signal.

Super huge big meganews! :news:
Joel Hodgson himself has created a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a new MST3K show! The reported goal is to reach $2M which would pay for three full feature-length episodes, but if they surpass that initial goal like most kickstarters eventually do to say $5M then around twelve full episodes could be made which would be about half to three-fourths a Season 11.

So I'm putting out the call for all of us here... MSTies UNIIIIIIIIIIIIITTEEEEEEEEE!!!
Magic Voice: Commercial sign in fifteen seconds.

Oh, and the cast will hope to be a blend of both the original and newer casts. We'll be back after these messages.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
*Sets up the MST3K-signal.

Super huge big meganews! :news:
Joel Hodgson himself has created a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a new MST3K show! The reported goal is to reach $2M which would pay for three full feature-length episodes, but if they surpass that initial goal like most kickstarters eventually do to say $5M then around twelve full episodes could be made which would be about half to three-fourths a Season 11.

So I'm putting out the call for all of us here... MSTies UNIIIIIIIIIIIIITTEEEEEEEEE!!!
Magic Voice: Commercial sign in fifteen seconds.

Oh, and the cast will hope to be a blend of both the original and newer casts. We'll be back after these messages.
Definitely psyched when I heard about that earlier today. While I'll admit, I'm slightly mixed on using a new cast (including new bots), I have to remember that the MST3K cast didn't always remain the same. And hey, it looks like most of the original gang will be on board (though Mike and Trace have both apparently turned down offers to take part).

EDIT: You know, I just realized, I still haven't watched every episode of the original MST3K. Better get going before this new show gets off the ground!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
According to Entertainment Weekly:

"Jonah Ray will be the new host, Felicia Day will be the new Mad, Baron Vaughn and Hampton Yount will voice Tom Servo and Crow, respectively."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And in other related news... RiffTrax will be doing another holiday show this year, riffing the Christmas movie that generated so much discussion here as the weirdest/creepiest Christmas movie of all... Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
From yesterday's reunion. In attendance were Joel, Trace, Kevin, Mike, Frank, Bridget, Mary Jo, Bill, and Jonah Ray.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I would love it if my local cinemas carried RiffTrax events like this, I know the 20th reunion special will be broadcast again later in the month of July as well as having aired last night.

Also excited for the new series whenever/wherever it airs. :fanatic: :big_grin:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I would love it if my local cinemas carried RiffTrax events like this, I know the 20th reunion special will be broadcast again later in the month of July as well as having aired last night.

Also excited for the new series whenever/wherever it airs. :fanatic: :big_grin:
30th anniversary, actually. Well, close to 30. Yeah, I can't believe it's that old either! :smile: